Pyzel Wildcat twin

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
You're overthinking it. It's a means to use a straighter rail line throughout most of the board outline to promote drive, and then have rapid area reduction in the tail to gain control over what would be a wide tail if the outline were to continue without the wing or a bump.
Wings were created so you could press the tail in at the top of the wave easier - this was before tail kick

They reduced the security in the bottom turn and many things were done to correct this ending up with the elevated wing lifting it out of play

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
For sizing, go an inch or 2 under your Daily Driver type board, and a half inch to an inch wider and a touch more volume.

Dims on this don't make much sense to me. If a stock 5'10" Phantom is my daily driver then according to the site I should surf a 5'8" Wildcat, but at that size stock is barely wider and is the same volume as the phantom.

Pricing on these is equal to a twinsman now
Whenever a description says go xx under/over your daily driver (HPSB) I have to make all kinds of calculations in my head because I’ve yoloed so many “alt” shapes that I don’t even know what my DD would be anymore.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The fin placement under the wing looks similar to my og El Tomo

I think Tomo may have had this placement on a prototype but corrected it to sit in the wing for the final version. Javier may have continued to use the prototype fin placement, becuase this was later corrected and all future El Tomo keel models had the fin boxes in line with the wing.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I think Tomo may have had this placement on a prototype but corrected it to sit in the wing for the final version. Javier may have continued to use the prototype fin placement, becuase this was later corrected and all future El Tomo keel models had the fin boxes in line with the wing.
it seemed to work pretty well when I used it. it does look a little funky to be honest but had no issues.

Reactions: Havoc and ReForest

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I think Tomo may have had this placement on a prototype but corrected it to sit in the wing for the final version.
I kinda doubt this

Wing can be anywhere along the fins base and work fine
Ahead of the fin you start to have 2 things happening
Pivot from wing with resistance from the fin behind that pivot point countering each others position

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Moments of greatness by a great surfer on great waves, ultimately hampered by design.

I have no idea what it is, but round pin twins are about the most aesthetically pleasing surfboard ever created.

So pleasing that this sort of marketing, which is in reality quite lackluster as far as actual performance of the board goes, is still effective.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Checked one out at Pyzel Oside today. Surprising amount of foam packed into it, could see the grovel potential even though it initially seems like a board for good waves. Definitely similar in foil to a roundpin Mini Ghost, even slightly wider and thicccer. Looks like a fun boar to me.
FC12A9B2-BE4A-453E-BE01-8E1625BBABEF.jpeg
DDC5EBA3-9D1B-4710-BD20-C1E432C3263F.jpeg
69BEAD59-4722-4EA5-B1F9-B15CA32B049D.jpeg