Pyzel Sure Thing!

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I'm curious about this new Pyzel...

Tanner/Jon (should you happen to read this): what is the rocker like compared to that of the Pyzalien?

Shapers and other clever clogs: what do the super short channels do? I'm guessing a little extra control - a la vee - but still allowing for lift.

http://www.pyzelsurfboards.com/surfboardstock/surfboardmodel.php?id_surfboardmodel=1031

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Hi Maz -

Glad the Sure Thing caught your attention!

The rocker is extremely similar to that of the Pyzalien - it has .01" less in both the nose and the tail.

I'll try and post up some pics, shortly.

:cheers:

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
They have very similar rockers, but very different outlines, bottom contours, and thickness flow. The channels cuts a little more rocker into that last few inches of tail which both focuses and releases water pressure and helps the board roll into turns.

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
Looks epic! Says to go up in volume thickness and width so the 6'0" looks perfect for me. This could be a good grovel option instead of a traditional fatty.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Pyzel said:
They have very similar rockers, but very different outlines, bottom contours, and thickness flow. The channels cuts a little more rocker into that last few inches of tail which both focuses and releases water pressure and helps the board roll into turns.
Thanks Jon!
Re the differences, it sounds like it has slightly thinner rails than the Pyzalien, but looks a little fatter through the tail, or?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
how about mid 6' padillac :shrug: that ever going to come out as model? the one I saw was actually super cool and incredibly refined for the amount of foam. perfect summer board.

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Sure thing! here are dims to compare the two boards
Sure Thing nose 13.04 tail 14.52 nose rocker 4.59 tail rocker 2.22 v28.9
Pyzalien 12.63 14.54 4.6 2.23 29.8
based of the measurements of a 5-10 x 19.00 x 2.38 version of each board.
Just keep in mind that the numbers don't tell the whole story, as they are very different feeling and looking boards. The back end of the sure thing is wider before getting pulled in by the first set of bumps and the tail block is slightly wider than a Pyzalien. The Pyzalien has more volume mostly because it has a flatter deck, much fuller rails and a thicker overall thickness foil. Both are really fun boards (in my opinion and I ride them both a lot)

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
Found this gem of a document in an old thread comparing specs. Seriously considering one of these or a Pyzalien to sit in between my groveller and my Bastard.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rd-nGNUNki5WdzKx2QADYLPUbms_Vau-XRiy6XGfOV8/edit?usp=sharing

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I have one session on it (demo). Pretty cool since the board is in my dims. My normal DD is 5'11" 19 3/4 and 2.5 and this one is the same minus an inch in length.

I almost didn't want to post anything with only one session on it with fins that weren't quite right but since it has been asked...

Board is the same volume as my dd but this feels a tad thicker throughout. It paddles better and sits on top of the water more. Pretty neutral and doesn't have any surprise characteristics that might make it negative. It didn't take much at all to get used to. Worked well on tight semi closeouts and driving down the line on shoulder high steep walls. Will be curious to see how it goes in more slopey and windswell conditions. I feel like it grovels better than my dd of the same dimensions. One session and holding it in my arm I think it will serve well as a good all around utility board... i.e. plenty of foam but still rips.

I would have ridden it more but I've had stitches that don't come out until Friday so I haven't been in the water.

I'll hopefully have more information next week.

barrysnyder

Michael Peterson status
Apr 27, 2011
Oceanside Ca.
Visit site
Felt one up in the Pyzel office yesterday. Felt good. Looks like a medium to fuller volumed board. Nice wide tail, and those slot channels coming off the tail help give it some hold I'm sure. Was told most ride it as a Tri-fin. Maybe a Quad with some bigger fins.

Rocker was relaxed, but not too much.
I'd ride it.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
anyone been riding this board and have any updates? curious about it's range.