Pyzel Pyzalien

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I'm 45 surf mainly horrible wind swell, weigh too much for the stock 6'1 Ghost, surf at best 1 week but more like every 2 weeks. But when its chest high or bigger with some push, the Ghost is uniquely good. It will afford you some front foot lazy drive but get your back foot back and the looseness is surprising.
That’s what im looking for. Even at home unless I’m truly wave starved or out for a social visit with RG or whoever, I’m probably not paddling out unless it’s at least chest high, punchy, ideally a lower tide. Sounds like this should run just faaaaahhhn in our often fun little punchy days when we get ‘em, and then really come to life when we get a proper hurricane swell or fall nor’easter, and of course on surf trips :jamon:

and I still have that fairly zippy and mint condition hypto krypto “step up” 6’1 which honestly goes pretty fast even in weak little waves. Good two-board daily quiver…

still have a fat boy 6”1 squash thruster and 6”9 round tail thruster that now, at my current weight, would be true step up and semi gun status. Hell they may simply be way too much volume now being 70 pounds lighter than when DK made them for me. I bet the thick but well made 6”1 would still be fun for a cold overhead ++ winter session. Hell a water logged six mil must weigh 20 pounds. More?

Reactions: MathDebater

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
That’s the same sensation I had with the krypt hatchets in anything steeper than mushy surf.
This was more about open ocean power, and to some extent tradewind chop, than steepness. I ride the C-drives in hollow surf pretty frequently, and they handled double overhead, jacking Witches Rock and barreling Pavones just fine.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
I actually haven't had a bad surf on this set-up yet.

still looking for the lower end of the range.

mostly ridden in HH Point surf and today had some extra period and that fin set-up felt really, really good.

super drivey, really nice feelings of top to bottom surfing.

Jun 23, 2003
North East
I picked up a slightly squashed down version of Pyzalien 2 from a poster here and skipped the custom wait time. Rode it a bit last week in Frank swell with AM2s as a starting point and it's extremely versatile. Could easily see traveling most places with just one of these and a few fin setups rather than my normal coffin(s) circus act. Looking forward to giving a twin plus trailer setup a go.

Really like Pyzel rocker profiles, will definitely be building out quiver of shapes as Ghosts have also been good to me...1660236013089.jpeg

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I picked up a slightly squashed down version of Pyzalien 2 from a poster here and skipped the custom wait time. Rode it a bit last week in Frank swell with AM2s as a starting point and it's extremely versatile. Could easily see traveling most places with just one of these and a few fin setups rather than my normal coffin(s) circus act. Looking forward to giving a twin plus trailer setup a go.

Really like Pyzel rocker profiles, will definitely be building out quiver of shapes as Ghosts have also been good to me...View attachment 135711
Looks like it came with a t!ts tailpad too!

Reactions: j_mac and trifish

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Been riding my pyzalien 2 a lot lately, she's a keeper for sure.
Compared to my other DDs: both sub driver 2 and happy everyday go better in the small stuff, SD2 feels drivier, HE more electric. The pyzalien has a really smooth feeling to it though that neither of the other boards have. Release when you want it, but super solid on rail. Started riding it as a thruster, switched to quad recently and the thing got even better.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
eyeing a P2 with only thruster setup. You guys seem to like it as a quad tho. Worth it with just the 3, or hold out for 5 boxes?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
eyeing a P2 with only thruster setup. You guys seem to like it as a quad tho. Worth it with just the 3, or hold out for 5 boxes?
Get 5. It runs great as a quad, especially with NVS c-drive fins (larger seem to work better)

Reactions: oeste858

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
I mainly run trusty. Roberts, AM2. My 2nd one I ordered truster only.
Haven't even really messed with quad in it at all.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Pyzalien2 swallow tail has been magic as a thruster with Futures WCT or EAs. More of an everyday board so mostly carving with it. Saved the 5fin option for my Ghosts where there are chances to exit beach break pits

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
thanks for the feedback, bros. It's a factory blem boar (couple tiny repaired dings) on a decent discount, in dims that seemed perfect for me, and they were willing to add quad boxes...
so I pulled the trigger. Merry Xmas to me.
Stocked to give it a go in the new year, given all the positive reviews here and my previous experience on pyzels.
:shaka: