Pyzel Pyzalien

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Board paddles great and catches waves easy, even the weaker ones. I think I'm gonna try some different fins to see if it helps me feel a little more sure footed when turning. I noticed it some on small days a little, but became more apparent on overhead sets when I start to go faster.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
FWIW, I surfed my Pyzalien 1 quite a bit in Indo, incl in solid OH waves. That one had FCS2 boxes, and Accelerator M fins were perfect.

New Pyz2 has Futures, and I'm running AM2s. Would love to know what the Futures equivalent of the Accelerators is.

Good luck.

Reactions: trifish

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
FWIW, I surfed my Pyzalien 1 quite a bit in Indo, incl in solid OH waves. That one had FCS2 boxes, and Accelerator M fins were perfect.

New Pyz2 has Futures, and I'm running AM2s. Would love to know what the Futures equivalent of the Accelerators is.

Good luck.
Gorilla Machete M are nearly exact match as I recall if you can find a set. True Ames KC L is pretty close. JJF Med are similar in rake and shape but more refined tip and less area overall I think. DHD L's are my favorite thruster template and are a little smaller/looser than the AM2's but they're more raked than the Accel's I think.

@trifish what fins are you running right now?

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I stuck a set of Large Ando's in it, but it is the first time i've tried that set in one of my boards. I've liked some of the v2 foils in the past atleast on weaker days so figured they would probably work and not have to pull my am2's from my shadow. After my recent runs though I think I'll toss the Am2's in there and see if the honeycomb stiffness and flat foil helps. Not sure if its a fin issue or board, but will try fins first. Almost like an air bubble under the backfoot that makes me feel not fully connected with the face when starting a turn. My p2 is similar dims but shorter and same volume as my shadow but the tail does have noticeably more foam running through the tail of the p2. Haven't really compared the bottoms side by side

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I stuck a set of Large Ando's in it, but it is the first time i've tried that set in one of my boards. I've liked some of the v2 foils in the past atleast on weaker days so figured they would probably work and not have to pull my am2's from my shadow. After my recent runs though I think I'll toss the Am2's in there and see if the honeycomb stiffness and flat foil helps. Not sure if its a fin issue or board, but will try fins first. Almost like an air bubble under the backfoot that makes me feel not fully connected with the face when starting a turn. My p2 is similar dims but shorter and same volume as my shadow but the tail does have noticeably more foam running through the tail of the p2. Haven't really compared the bottoms side by side
MMmm, yeah those Ando's are a lot more flexible and loose than AM2's.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I really like the AM2s in mine. Goes great as a quad as well, but I prefer truster on this one.

I've experienced the same under foot feeling as you in the tail and eventually concluded that it was weight distribution/how I was approaching my turns on that board-thing

Reactions: trifish

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020

Good luck.
don't think there is an equivalent for M accelerator in futures

have the freestone glass fins which are nearly identical to the performers

the JJ large is oversized and would be close to a L accelerator

an EA might be as close as you can get, has a bit of rake and the tip is a little fuller than some of the other templates, similar surface area as well

Reactions: Maz

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Gorilla Machete is the futures accelerator as stated. I think a couple of the other goofy colorways (moonbeams?) were the same template.

gorilla was just a rebrand of fcs.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
When I first got mine I had a couple surfs in burgery/slopey conditions where I felt the back foot thing a few times.
Haven't felt it since. Loving the damn thing.
Everything I wanted my Subdriver2 to be. AM2 here also.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Hey Maz, did you ever measure the rocker? I'm curious about that, and how deep the concaves are? Just watched Salsa's Pyzel quiver video and liked the P2. I'm kind of going for a one board quiver type board (economic reasons) and would prefer the board to handle the good waves (head to 1-1/2x overhead) and sacrifice the low end (knee to waist)..

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I didn't! Failed miserably, as I lost my long straightedge in a recent move.

Will see what I can do :)

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't! Failed miserably, as I lost my long straightedge in a recent move.

Will see what I can do :)
Shadow and P2 have very similar rocker through front half of the boards, but Shadow has close to 1/4" MORE rocker through the back half (when measuring a 6'0'') . P2 is still probably the best overall DD/HPSB that I have made. Can handle many sizes of waves --7DEC7006-61E1-41D3-9367-192656F99865.jpeg This photo is me on a 5'8" P2 (I am 5'9'')

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Ripping, Jon!
I surfed Impossibles at that size a few times on my P1, and it was a joy. It does have an enormous range.

Reactions: MathDebater

manjushri

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 3, 2009
+62
Is everyone riding it as a swallow tail ? I was thinking about getting one as a squash. Won't ride it on bigger days.
I had a squash Pyzalien 1 and it was one of favorite boards ever

Reactions: nicholas hanover

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
most every one we make is a swallow tail
I honestly don’t visit the design forum very often. but I keep hearing more and more about your boards, and how sporty and fun and versatile they are.

So I slipped into the design forum this evening for the first time in several months probably, to see what the crew had to say about your recent/current stock lineup. Figured I could find some reviews or what not, so imagine my surprise, a thread dedicated the Pyzalien 2 was right on the front page with the virtuoso himself offering up some input, and of course a ton of stocked reviews

its meant to be
1658887808041.gif