Pyzel Mini Ghost

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
saw a few mini ghost squashtails at the mall today. damn they looked good.
on paper I was thinking a 5'10, but in person the 5'11 looked pretty money to me.
I know you're supposed to order them small, but even the 6'0 looked pretty good.

I would have yolo'd the 5'11 if it was FCS.
I wanna yolo one too but I'm torn in sizing between the 5'9 and 5'10 squash.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah, the ones I felt up seemed like they would be fun as hell for SoCal. 2-8’ wave range covers 95% of the year here.
If I could get off the twins… 6’0 looks tempting to me. I wouldn’t do an 80’s thruster <6’0.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Fondled one in a shop, didn't like it.

That is all.

(i demanded that the shop order in a Dark Arts gremlin though :D )

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Apparently they are going to take over Alex surf as well. If true interesting as Cory used to be one of Neill's staff before doing the 6th Ave shop.
Yea I remembered Cory from there, sold me my first Pyzel from the store in Alex.
To be honest, I always got weird vibes off the older guy, and didn't like to walk in and kick the tyres on boards. He'd get a little too pushy with the sale, or I could feel a sense of anger if I didnt intend to buy.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Yea I remembered Cory from there, sold me my first Pyzel from the store in Alex.
To be honest, I always got weird vibes off the older guy, and didn't like to walk in and kick the tyres on boards. He'd get a little too pushy with the sale, or I could feel a sense of anger if I didnt intend to buy.
Spot on. He came from some full tilt work environment in Vicco (can't recall what right now) so he's a bit intense for us cruisey Sunny coasters. Far cry from the old Plantation shop at Mooloolaba. If you ever feel like a foray into the world of wooden boards go see Hugo at Hughies (Yaroomba) or just call in and say Hi and check out his boards. He is always happy for you to take one for a spin.
Anyhoo back to Pyzel Mini Ghosts...!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Maz and waxfoot

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
My brother just picked one up. I'll report back with his verdict - Sydney beach breaks.

FYI his favourites are normally Lost boards - Uber Driver, Sub Driver 2.0 are recent ones.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Update from my brother:
Doesn't like it at all. Trying to decipher his comments, I think it's too much foam forward for his tastes - he prefers a Lost Driver type foil. Horses for courses I guess.

Reactions: waxfoot and j_mac

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
No offense to your brother, but "foam forward" is basically the Ghost's whole thing plus the beak nose.
I totally agree! It's funny though - he likes the Ghost that he has.

My brother is one of those guys that knows very little about board design, and pays no attention to it either. Maybe he prefers a different design in smaller surf. I don't care - it's not my money :roflmao:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
That purchased off the Pyzel site? Seems like prices went up about a hundy on stock from looking around. Seeing 774 at a local shop with 4 boxes, 730 on Real with 3. May have to Yolo before inflation catches up at the local shops.
yeah. that was after tax