Pyzel Mini Ghost

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Are we gonna talk about this new Mini Ghost??
My Gremlin is a really fun small/avg wave boar… would be curious to compare this one. I feel like “Hawaiian grovelers” work pretty well for typical SoCal waves. Discuss…

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Midget Ghost looks pretty good as a squash tail. I had only seen the round pin version and it looked a little too short and curvy for me. Stock dims actually not as crazy compact as I expected.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I kinda though this was what the Phantom was. After riding my Ghost in the Larry swell, I was toying with ordering a Shortcut as a wider, fuller Ghost for smaller waves but maybe this fits the bill better? I don't necessarily want shorter, just fuller.

Pyzel's board models are starting to approach Lost levels of overlap.

I do wish Pyzel's site talked about the bottom curve and contours a bit more but I definitely would check one of these out in a round tail.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Midget Ghost looks pretty good as a squash tail. I had only seen the round pin version and it looked a little too short and curvy for me. Stock dims actually not as crazy compact as I expected.
Yeah, dims are not crazy. Seems closer to a Phantom / Phantom XL maybe (but I can’t be bothered to compare dims), which I was considering for decent HH waves around here. Probably not as groveler as a Gremlin- which I’ve been impressed by its range in anything kinda soft/onshore/side shore/chunky/not too steep. So I’ll have to feel one of these Mini G’s up. Maybe drive up to pyzel in oside.

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Couldnt help but wonder about Koa Smith + Rad Ripper in Nambia looking at that bump squash and comments about the foil.

edit: this, too:

Overall the best way to describe it is a sort of throwback 80s looking board with all the added performance features of a modern design. Its made for high performance ripping, but is also great for less skilled surfers due to the added volume and forgiving ride.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Are we gonna talk about this new Mini Ghost??
My Gremlin is a really fun small/avg wave boar… would be curious to compare this one. I feel like “Hawaiian grovelers” work pretty well for typical SoCal waves. Discuss…
Looks really fun to me

maybe in a swallowtail

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Never seen any of these in person, p
I kinda though this was what the Phantom was. After riding my Ghost in the Larry swell, I was toying with ordering a Shortcut as a wider, fuller Ghost for smaller waves but maybe this fits the bill better? I don't necessarily want shorter, just fuller.

Pyzel's board models are starting to approach Lost levels of overlap.

I do wish Pyzel's site talked about the bottom curve and contours a bit more but I definitely would check one of these out in a round tail.
can’t imagine that short cut would go in smaller waves on EC- looks to be designed for same wave range as the ghost- just a diff design. Can’t imagine that the mini ghost would be much of a step down from the OG ghost either.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Pic of a Griffin board or GTFO
These are 2 of the boards that Jon let me shape in his room while I was there - Thanks again Jon !

Notice the 2 on the right - same ones in his video :)

IMG_0028.jpeg

Jon has a really great crew of workers

Most of his airbrushes are done by Gavin who painted almost every T&C board for 25 years and rips on Twin Fin Longboards

Hope this pic is helps ;-)

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
These are 2 of the boards that Jon let me shape in his room while I was there - Thanks again Jon !

Notice the 2 on the right - same ones in his video :)

View attachment 116363

Jon has a really great crew of workers

Most of his airbrushes are done by Gavin who painted almost every T&C board for 25 years and rips on Twin Fin Longboards

Hope this pic is helps ;-)
touche!

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Jon is not messing around
This is a new model contrary to Swallow Tail's negative comments
WTF are you smoking? “Negative comments”
Or maybe English is your second language.

Never surfed a Pyzel, but think all three boards mentioned are winners. Love the idea of the mini & the Shortcut would be right up my alley as well - both very similar to what I currently ride.

…. having grown up surfing NY; have a pretty good idea what works over there n what doesn’t. RP stubby not a great idea for a daily driver on the EC IMO.

Reactions: waxfoot and Havoc