Pyzel Ghost?

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
So "hypothetically", if my ghost is 6'1 would I go 6'6?

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So people are saying these things surf and paddle “bigger” than their dims/volume would indicate.

I’m torn between a stock 6’2 and 6’3.

I’m 6’2 - 210 - 52 year old fullsuit wearing hunk of man meat.

What say you?

Jul 25, 2020
tail is so narrow for that outline. closeout tube shooter?
I agree w/ this. Maybe this outline better suited for west coast?

Reactions: bluengreen

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
I'd say it paddles "bigger" but surfs "longer" rather than "bigger" (widepoint forward).

Mine is of similar volume as my regular shorboards and feels perfect. 6'2 at 195 on a stock 6'1.

Stock 6'2 sounds a bit small for you unless you typically ride pretty low volume boards so I'd say 6'3.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Seems like the next board I'll see under every arm at OB when it's 4-8 ft.

The dims on the 6'10" aren't far off my Slayer. A touch thicker, definitely more pulled in in the back half. Narrower in the nose too.
I have a feeling there might be a bit more curve in the rocker too.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluengreen
Mar 19, 2013
Check out the clip of the 9.83 (on the second slide). JJF’s technique on the first turn is so unusual to me. Would never think to also throw the trailing arm down behind me like that.
http://instagr.am/p/Cl4WRaYvH6i/
He's such a freak. Makes those turns look easy, until you try one. In the video that was posted the other day where the paddle out at "25 foot sand bar" he makes it look fun. Gets right out, gets a bunch of waves, duck dives a bomb without problem, does some insane turns and gets barreled. Only Koa Rothman makes it out with him and he doesnt do anything special. He makes it look so easy too. In my opinion the best overall surfer ever.
JJF Fanboy out

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
His latest edit gravity was live on stab premium for a limited time of 24 hours. They forgot to take it offline in their new app though. So if you happen to have a premium account but have not watched it yet, don't miss out.

Reactions: urchined

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
His latest edit gravity was live on stab premium for a limited time of 24 hours. They forgot to take it offline in their new app though. So if you happen to have a premium account but have not watched it yet, don't miss out.
True-just watched. Thanks for the heads up.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I went charging out of the house this a.m. with my 5'8 Flare under my arm. Groms I know can surf were just pindropping all over the place on their tiny borts, so I quickly ran back to the house to grab my 6' Ghost. The waves were only a couple feet overhead, but you needed to put your head down and give some decent paddles/kicks to not airdrop too much.

I haven't ridden the bort since the winter of 20/21 and forgot what a confidence inspiring bort it is. It's been a while since I've been spit out of several barrels in a session locally and probably the first time all of them being backside. I'm giving a lot of credit to the Ghost for my perma-smile this morning.

It's supposed to be offshore all day, so knocking out some work so I can go for a second sesh around 3:00.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
To get this thread back onto Ghosts, I sold this one without trying it. It was ordered with an extra layer of glass on the deck to help increase the weight. But it still felt too light and I knew I would pull different boards from my garage when waves called for a good wave board. I liked my poly/PU and poly/epoxy Ghosts. This is the one I didn’t try, I believe it resides on the east coast now. It sure looks good and the shape itself felt great.
View attachment 139754
View attachment 139759

And this is the poly/epoxy quiver with a grey resin tint on each of them
View attachment 139756
View attachment 139757
@waxurDyl any updates on how you've liked this poly/epoxy build on these Pyzels? Did they ride how you hoped?
Remind us, did you order these through Pyzel or ?

Reactions: sozzle and JDJ