Pyzel Ghost?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Rode my Ghost for the first time in two months (been skiing, and riding longer boards in funky conditions). Faark, I felt like a kook for half of the session! Front foot too far back made me loose speed; board felt like a 5'8 fish, all squirrelly.

Had to laugh at myself and be patient, and in the last hour I got some keepers. Hoping to hit the same spot at low tide late afternoon, and redeem myself some more.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Rode my Ghost for the first time in two months (been skiing, and riding longer boards in funky conditions). Faark, I felt like a kook for half of the session! Front foot too far back made me loose speed; board felt like a 5'8 fish, all squirrelly.

Had to laugh at myself and be patient, and in the last hour I got some keepers. Hoping to hit the same spot at low tide late afternoon, and redeem myself some more.
this makes me felt better. I had the same experience on miniGhost after a summer of riding grovelers and crutch boars. It felt like a toothpick paddling and my positioning and timing was way off at first.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I thought it paddled really well, and I got into waves easily. My positioning was not great, though.

Old man kook syndrome, perhaps.

Reactions: MathDebater

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
What does a 6'3" Padillac do that a 6'3" Ghost won't? I'm really curious and fascinated...
My good friend hit me up the other day and asked what the deal was with these mIni Padillacs compared to a Next Step and after I tried to explain them a bit he just responded "Old man step-up?" And I thought fuck, I think that is one way to put it!!
Haha
But, to kind of answer your question of Ghost vs Mini Padi:
someone else put it pretty well down below your comment- They are kind of a less HP sort of step up that can be ridden in any sort of wave really. For me I will be riding mine at some spots I like when the surf is a bit bigger than normal here. Deep water reefs that make having a good paddling board a great advantage. Get in early, but then you are still riding a smaller, more maneuverable board.
The design is a shrunken Padillac, but I also pulled in the nose outline a bit and added extra rocker through the whole font half of the board to free it up a bit on later drops and keep it loose in the pocket.
I've been playing with these boards for a year or more and they are really fun

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

I “surfed” yesterday and completely kooked out. Pretty much totally forgot how to surf. It was embarrassing. People saw it.

I’m so ashamed.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

I have found the ghost kinda hard to dial in after riding other boards as well. Archer not arrow in my case :)

Reactions: oeste858

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
So... When can I order a 6'8" as a thruster?
Yes on the Thruster ! For the bigger Padillacs I only like to do quads (not 5-fin set ups) because where I place the fins is not ideal for a tri fin as well, BUT on these shorter Mini Padis the fin set ups are pretty much same as they would be on a Ghost. I still love the quad on these, but tri fin is great too