Pyzel Ghost?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
HI-- first off, Thanks for buying one of my boards! As for the leash plug, it really doesn't matter which way they are installed and will have zero effect on anything. It is typical that the bar would be perpendicular to the stringer, but some glassers will run them parallel. I promise it's not gonna cause you any problems.
But Jon!

The erBB has determined it will be an issue. And so it is such. :roflmao:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Seem to be the most appropriate place to post this.

I really enjoyed the talk with Jon, and as they called out, that the whole discussion wasn't about JJF.

The reference to Jordy's dad smacking Jordy with a stick had me smiling again. As a kid who grew up in South Africa I also got beaten with random sh!t by my mother or teachers, and find it funny that something that was so normal to us, is so foreign to... well, everyone else :D

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

I really enjoyed the talk with Jon, and as they called out, that the whole discussion wasn't about JJF.

The reference to Jordy's dad smacking Jordy with a stick had me smiling again. As a kid who grew up in South Africa I also got beaten with random sh!t by my mother or teachers, and find it funny that something that was so normal to us, is so foreign to... well, everyone else :D
I just started it, only through his bio about how he got into shaping, no real board talk yet. Jon just seems like a nice guy doing things the right way... and the boars work!

Reactions: waxfoot and Aruka

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid

My friend in SA's mum told us about the big wooden spoon she used to have. Called it Belinda, and the kids knew to straighten up and shut up quicksmart if mum mentioned Belinda :)

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
My friend in SA's mum told us about the big wooden spoon she used to have. Called it Belinda, and the kids knew to straighten up and shut up quicksmart if mum mentioned Belinda :)
My mom had a perforated chips (that's "chups" to you @Maz , and "fries" to the seppos) ladle thing that I got straightened up with.

Not sure what was worse, the big red marks that was left, or the white "hole" tatoos inside the red I had on my arse.
savannah_premium_stainless_steel_wide_skimmer.1530054962.png

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My mom had a perforated chips (that's "chups" to you @Maz , and "fries" to the seppos) ladle thing that I got straightened up with.

Not sure what was worse, the big red marks that was left, or the white "hole" tatoos inside the red I had on my arse.
View attachment 109467
My mom would always threaten to spank me with a wooden spoon:drowning: My son pissed me off once when he was little went to spank him with a spoon and boom spoon broke on back swing:foreheadslap: turns out you need a wooden not plastic spoon:bricks:

• Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

Enjoyed this as well. My Pyzel seems like a guy that would be hard to dislike

Reactions: waxfoot

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Finished the pod driving up to LA today. Interesting to hear how he’s been doing deck concave (footwells) on either side of the stringer for JJF’s boards and how the guys prefer flat decks on guns. I love the locked-in feeling of the 3-4 flat/concave decks I’ve tried. IMHO it feels like it’s harder to get knocked off. Surprised it’s not more popular among the high-level pros… or at least you don’t hear about it much.

Reactions: santacruzin and jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Sounds like glass schedule is less of an emphasis for JJF's performance boards and weight is more of an issue. Jon was saying he liked boards between 4 3/4 - 5 lbs.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Finished the pod driving up to LA today. Interesting to hear how he’s been doing deck concave (footwells) on either side of the stringer for JJF’s boards and how the guys prefer flat decks on guns. I love the locked-in feeling of the 3-4 flat/concave decks I’ve tried. IMHO it feels like it’s harder to get knocked off. Surprised it’s not more popular among the high-level pros… or at least you don’t hear about it much.
Boards were flat deck
Then decks became crowned to reduce rail volume to make boards easier to roll over - more sensitive- less floatation to fight

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
How does the Ghost go if ordered a bit longer ? If I'm 5'10" should I be getting a 5'11" /6'0" only or can I stretch it out a bit?
I'll echo what Jon Pyzel has mentioned, that the Ghost rides a little longer than a typical HPSB. I'm 6'0 and ride my Ghost at the same height. I really like the board, but it's only going to get wet (locally) when things are approaching DOH.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m 6’1 and have a 6’2. for south of pt conception it’s plenty of board. would not want it any longer.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I rode a 6'0" in Bali a few years back and that worked wonderfully. Currently living somewhere with more juice, and I got used to riding longer boards this season. Just thinking about what to add to the quiver for next year.