Pyzel Board Test

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I know those waves are far from his forte, but I thought it looked like he was struggling to generate/maintain speed.
waves looked mushy, he was ripping and doing the necessary wiggles keep momentum up

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Pyzel highline = new stubby bastard? Or whatever the radius step down was called.
probably not, more like ghost--> shadow = radius ---> highline
would make sense but it could also be a totally different rocker

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
HI guys-- Let me you in on the High Line-- It's a new board that I built based off the rocker of our "74" model ( the one Dane liked for Stab in the Dark way back in 2016) .
I am gonna copy/paste the description below, and it will be available as custom order any day and we will slowly introduce it into shops once we get everyone stocked up on our current favorite models...
Here is what the website will say :

The High Line is a new High Performance Shortboard that we have developed with feedback from Jack Freestone, Tyler Wright, Nic Von Rupp and a bunch of our junior team riders over the past year.

Designed with fair to good waves in mind, and based off of our “74” model, which Dane Reynolds chose as the best board in the 2016 Stab in the Dark.

We left the rocker un-changed but have updated the foil and outline to better fit our idea of a modern HPSB.

It features a medium/high rocker, with single concave all the way through the bottom which generates lift for quick acceleration, holding speed, and drive.

The outline widepoint is just back from center and it has a pronounced hip that adds drive while creating a pivot point that allows for snappy, vertical surfing.

As with the “74”, the deck is slightly flatter than our other boards, with more volume pushed out towards the rail. The rail itself is refined, not boxy, keeping it sensitive and easy to push through turns.

When compared to our Radius model (as these two are close to eachother in our range), the Highline stock size range has a bit more width and volume per size (most are about ½ to 1 liter more volume).
The Radius has more overall rocker and is more suited to punchy waves with some curve in the face.
The High Line’s rocker is slightly flatter, nose and tail, and thus tends to hold more speed in weaker waves and carry speed through flatter waves more easily.

To put it simply the High Line is a great high-performance board for less-than epic waves and can help you make the most of your everyday surfs!

May 9, 2018
best board ever! been riding one for the past year. fast, snappy, and holds rail like a dream. best sled I have ridden/had for every day waves 2-5ft with a bit of bowl bit not heaving. I have had a fair few Pyzels in my time (Pinky, Bastard, Slab 2.0, Sure thing, Radius, Ghost, Amp, Shadow) as well as HS/CIs JRs, DHDs and the Highline is the most electric of the bunch

Reactions: sozzle and Aruka