Pyzel Astro Pop

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
FCS like CI didn't offer JJF enough $$$ or didn't live up to his expectations.

Jon says " The bottom has a deep double concave running through to vee off the tail which makes the board get up on top of the water in even slower, weaker waves and still easily tip over onto the rail at high speeds."

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
There is no future without the past. You are right.

Jon says "The bottom has a deep double concave running through to vee off the tail which makes the board get up on top of the water in even slower, weaker waves and still easily tip over onto the rail at high speeds. "

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
It's gotta similar vibe as your Modfish , but with a more pulled in tail outline . I like the little wing

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys--- I am happy to report we have been getting lots of great customer feedback on the Astro Pop!
I think the design is great for getting speed in crap while still letting you carve around in decent waves. I took a 5'5'' Pop to Bali last month as a back-up plan for the smaller days, but ended up kind of addicted to it even when it started picking up.
I still have not tried it as a tri-fin, but expect that would add snappiness without too much reduction in speed.
I will try to put up a few better shots of them when we have (if I can figure out how on here) I know that airbrush kind of plays tricks on the eyes and throws off the outline viewing a bit

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Good stuff, Jon.

Looking forward to more photos/info.

I can see a 5'10 coming as a replacement for my wing swallow Nugget.

Reactions: retodd

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Will do, mate.

GG would approve of the fin positions, but not of the bottom contours :)

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Board goes so good!

Paddled out in very marginal conditions at my local, hoping to get a chance to feel it out a bit. Ended up having a blast on it, and was very surprised; it's a hell of a lot more HP than I thought, and holds very well when pushed.

Last wave I did possibly my best ever layback hack into an oncoming section, the board holding without problems and redirecting in a flash. Still buzzing from what should have been a meh session.

A can't believe this model has complete flown under the radar. Jon, you hit this one out of the park.

Captain Fins Christenson twins, fyi. And doing that little cutout in the tail pad was great; can get my foot all the way back over the fins (they're at 6 1/4" or so).

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Ended up having a blast on it, and was very surprised; it's a hell of a lot more HP than I thought, and holds very well when pushed.

Fin positions enable this as your guessing .

The world is finally catching on ;-)
How far is too far back, GG, and what are the drawbacks?