Pyzel Astro Pop

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Massive disclaimer: I have the Nugget Wing Swallow, not the Gremlin (but still don't know what the difference is), and the Astro Glider Twinnie, not the Astro Pop.

Anyhoo, this is my take: Nugget has more rocker, and more relaxed bottom contours, yet it feels chunkier than the Astro Glider. Slightly thicker rails and tail. Nugget feels more like a short, fat shorty. The AG more like a refined, modern fish. More glide and carve, less vert/pivot than Nugget.

Hope this helps.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Looks like NS was digging it, although I'm looking for something that surfs more fishy after hearing that report.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Swell from TC Sarai really hit overnight, and it was solid this morning. Didn’t have a step up with me, so the Astro twinnie got a good workout in 10-12ft faces.

A lot of planing area for waves that fast, but it held really well on rail.

Missed my Ghost, but had a ball.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
You managed to evade the NE wind Maz, or just manned up and dealt with it?

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Just got an Astro Pop, 5'8 x 20 x 2 3/8 @ 30.5l, me being 188cm @ 80kg. Was meant to replace a Lost PJHP.

Surfed it for two weeks straight, mainly in lined up but rather soft reefs with the odd session in peaky and punchy beach breaks. Anything between knee high and a bit overhead.

She goes so good. More fishy glide than the PJHP, a lot smoother rail to rail and easier to put vertical. Tail release is easier to control too. Nose catches less as well. I'd only prefer the PJHP in knee high slob where the wide tail block and big single do help.

Best liked it as a quad so far, MF fronts and reactor rear. Thruster works fine too though. Looks likes she's going to like the AMTs, but I've yet to try.

She's a keeper for sure.