puerto vallarta trip with the wife

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
She wants to go to a resort in mex for her bday weekend.
Not planning on surfing, but I'm not opposed to it. ha
Any thoughts on a resort to stay in puerto vallarta?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
We stayed in a few different areas but only spent a day at PV. Honestly wasn’t a fan of the city. It’s pretty touristy but I’m sure there is more to it than what we saw.

Punta Monterrey is one spot we stayed for a few days and I’d recommend it. The hotel is super nice and laid back and the wave is really fun. It’s also very close to San Francisco/pancho which was our favorite town to hang in. The surf there was fun too, although we never got amazing surf. Getting to PM is kinda tricky once you get off the main road, I just wouldn’t recommend a low clearance car. I rented a small cross over type suv which got us up and down the steep unmaintained dirt road pretty good, albeit slow. I’m sure they could pick you up to avoid the rental.

Reactions: Belchfire1

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
We stayed in a few different areas but only spent a day at PV. Honestly wasn’t a fan of the city. It’s pretty touristy but I’m sure there is more to it than what we saw.

Punta Monterrey is one spot we stayed for a few days and I’d recommend it. The hotel is super nice and laid back and the wave is really fun. It’s also very close to San Francisco/pancho which was our favorite town to hang in. The surf there was fun too, although we never got amazing surf. Getting to PM is kinda tricky once you get off the main road, I just wouldn’t recommend a low clearance car. I rented a small cross over type suv which got us up and down the steep unmaintained dirt road pretty good, albeit slow. I’m sure they could pick you up to avoid the rental.

Place looks nice

Reactions: manbearpig

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
took my wife to https://verana.com/ a few years back and had a great time. Most of the rooms are open air, so it can be a bit "rustic," my wife is not into that sort of thing and was very nervous heading into it but had a great time. It's a drive and quick boat ride to get there but worth it. It's up a big hill and there's no beach right at the bottom but there's good swimming right off the dock you come in on.

Reactions: Belchfire1

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
took my wife to https://verana.com/ a few years back and had a great time. Most of the rooms are open air, so it can be a bit "rustic," my wife is not into that sort of thing and was very nervous heading into it but had a great time. It's a drive and quick boat ride to get there but worth it. It's up a big hill and there's no beach right at the bottom but there's good swimming right off the dock you come in on.
That place looks sick, but for some reason my wife wanted the classic tourist vacation. Can't understand why but it's her birthday so whatever. Thanks