Puerto Vallarta then …?

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Family trip down to Puerto Vallarta for 3 days of touristy exploration and then 3 days of beach and surf somewhere else. We were thinking Sayulita but I’m hesitant now because of hearing stories of crowding and water poopoo levels. Is it that bad there now? So, I’m looking into Punta Mita, but it’s pretty spendy, San Pancho or Lo de Marcos. We like the more off the beaten path vibe than the resort living. But also want safe and stable. Any and all recommendations would be mucho appreciated.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
plenty of houses/condos on Airbnb in the town part of Punta Mita outside of the resort area, for more reasonable prices. if you wanna surf the point just pay a fisherman to take you on a panga. other south facing spots within easy driving distance of that area too. go to Teresa's tacos and thank me later

Reactions: sushipop

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Also, for the PV part of the trip, looking in the Zona Romantica area for a place to stay, unless there are better suggestions in other parts.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Sayulita and San Pancho are both great for fam. More action in Sayulita and can do an easy bus trip
excursion to San Pancho for a day if you want. We liked it and will likely go back.

Reactions: sushipop