Puddle Jumper Pro review

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
The Real Review is on their site:

Not particularly enlightening but its' there.
That thing looks like a fuggin dog compared to BB on a Subdriver during same session. Here’s the vid. Maybe it’s just their diff styles,Lopez a lil older?

Reactions: JTS

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
That thing looks like a fuggin dog compared to BB on a Subdriver during same session. Here’s the vid. Maybe it’s just their diff styles,Lopez a lil older?

Not too surprising IMO, I have both and the SD feels much more like a standard shorty. Prefer the SD as a thruster whilst pj pro goes better as quad for me. I think thruster takes away too much speed and the board still turns rather flat.

Reactions: Swallow Tail
May 31, 2011
Not too surprising IMO, I have both and the SD feels much more like a standard shorty. Prefer the SD as a thruster whilst pj pro goes better as quad for me. I think thruster takes away too much speed and the board still turns rather flat.
How would you compare the two boards? I currently have a subdriver and am considering switching to a puddle jumper pro based on how much I like my puddle jumper hp.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
How would you compare the two boards? I currently have a subdriver and am considering switching to a puddle jumper pro based on how much I like my puddle jumper hp.
Before the PJ Pro I actually had an HP. Both epoxy and sized a liter bigger than my SD (PU swallow pro dims). For me they are both grovelers which work great as daily drivers whilst the SD does the opposite. The Pro works in slightly bigger waves than the HP but it still has those pretty intense bottom contours and super flat tail rocker. So for me a PJ and a SD makes more sense than two PJs. If you're not really sold on the SD I can definitely recommend the CI Happy Everyday.

Reactions: sdlocal
May 31, 2011
Before the PJ Pro I actually had an HP. Both epoxy and sized a liter bigger than my SD (PU swallow pro dims). For me they are both grovelers which work great as daily drivers whilst the SD does the opposite. The Pro works in slightly bigger waves than the HP but it still has those pretty intense bottom contours and super flat tail rocker. So for me a PJ and a SD makes more sense than two PJs. If you're not really sold on the SD I can definitely recommend the CI Happy Everyday.
This is really helpful thanks. I do like my SD and I am not looking for another groveler, I just really like the feel of the PJHP was looking for the same feeling in a short board. Sounds like that's not the case here.

Reactions: claw87