Public vs Private Sector vaccine dispersal: Who's doing a better job?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Exactly. Government has way more ways to fook you over than any corporation does.
And vice versa from where I'm standing. I already tried voting against Ron DeSantis. Nobody asked me if Bezos was greasing the skids with the bodies and souls of the working class.

I think bailing on a pandemic vaccine at a 20% rate means society/populace is dead ass fkn last on a performance basis, no matter whether you think the public or private sector does a better job with vaccine dispersal.

What was it Uncle Ogro said? Cracks? Yeah, Uncle Sam can be pretty fkn good at that. 5/7 Iraqi children agree!

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So, people flake on their appointments and the government throws the vaccine away because they don’t have a waiting list or contingency plan for what to do with that dose, but it’s still the private sectors fault. Makes perfect sense!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A UPS truck with a vaccination tram would probably be more effective in certain communities where people are more spread out and/or have difficulty getting to a vaccine site.
GRAPEBOI WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE PEOPLE LEAST LIKELY TO GET INFECTED OR INFECT OTHERS WHEN VACCINATION IS BARELY GETTING STARTED?!?!?!?!??!?!!!!11!!!

And is "certain communities where people are more spread out and/or have difficulty getting to a vaccine site" the fucking #TransWomenAreWomen approved way of saying "Rural" Americans or "West" Virginians? I remember before this woke sh!t when them were hillbillies and peasants.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
So, people flake on their appointments and the government throws the vaccine away because they don’t have a waiting list or contingency plan for what to do with that dose, but it’s still the private sectors fault. Makes perfect sense!
People ARE the private sector. *ANYTHING* not controlled by government is the private sector. You gonna argue against that?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Central Coast.

No, I don’t think cvs and Walgreens could handle it all on their own, but if we were forced to we could loop in more companies. You would still need some central form of governance and leadership for distribution.

What I am saying is that even with large government facilities at their disposal with huge parking lots (schools/colleges, fairgrounds, vets halls, etc) I am still having an easier time getting an appointment at cvs. What does that tell you about the government scheduling system?
There is no "government scheduling system."

You're complaining about a governmental system that literally does not exist.

You're like the Yelp! reviewer who complains that a Mexican restaurant doesn't have spaghetti and meatballs.

You live on the central coast, there's no comparison between central coast and urban centers, in which gov't has been doing quite a bit better at vaccine distribution. Outside of San Jose, it's mostly rural on CC. Oh the irony that the government of shithole urban centers, that conservatives constantly complain about, not sayin you are conservative, though you certainly come across as such (how's that for some Bernhardian prose), is better at vaccine distribution than those of rural/suburban cities.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There is no "government scheduling system."

You're complaining about a governmental system that literally does not exist.
Actually it does exist. It’s a government website where you put it in your demographic info and it emails you an appointment.

Well, supposedly it does, but nobody I know has gotten one yet. Hence the private sector picking up the slack and doing a better job, as it does with most things.

People ARE the private sector. *ANYTHING* not controlled by government is the private sector. You gonna argue against that?
We are talking about public entities that distribute vaccines versus private entities that distribute vaccines.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The vaccine is about me going on a surf trip, you absolute santorum receptacle.

The moleskein maxi pad with our picture doesn't even keep me from getting diarrhea, but lack thereof seriously fucking jeopardizes my July/August tube count.

The fucking sticker with my birth month and a year on my license plate doesn't prevent my brakes from locking up, but it does mean one less reason to get pulled and risk a krauthund sniffing the whip.
They put a sticker with your birthday on your license plate down there? WTAF?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Why even get the vaccine if it still means you're going to have to live in the "new normal" and you're not at risk?
So let me get this straight because sometimes I misunderstand what people are saying: your premise is that you will get the vaccine and have to socially distance and wear a mask permanently?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Actually it does exist. It’s a government website where you put it in your demographic info and it emails you an appointment.

Well, supposedly it does, but nobody I know has gotten one yet. Hence the private sector picking up the slack and doing a better job, as it does with most things.

We are talking about public entities that distribute vaccines versus private entities that distribute vaccines.
Almost everyone I know has received their vaccine through the mega centers.

your argument is weird.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
They put a sticker with your birthday on your license plate down there? WTAF?
Vehicle registration-related. In the corner of the license plate, there's a little decal with the month/year your registration is valid through, and it's generally the registree (REEEEEEEEE) birth month.

Rando interwebs example:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Vehicle registration-related. In the corner of the license plate, there's a little decal with the month/year your registration is valid through, and it's generally the registree (REEEEEEEEE) birth month.

Rando interwebs example:

Still weird.

Normal is to tie the registration expiration to when you bought your car

However that license plate is 10/10

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Almost everyone I know has received their vaccine through the mega centers.

your argument is weird.
it‘s amazing watching grapeboi triple-down on his faulty premise.

and even more amazing that he doesn’t understand that the federal govt is partnering with and/or subcontracting the private pharmacy chains.

why does he have so much trouble understanding this?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
it‘s amazing watching grapeboi triple-down on his faulty premise.

and even more amazing that he doesn’t understand that the federal govt is partnering with and/or subcontracting the private pharmacy chains.

why does he have so much trouble understanding this?
it almost seems like he sets up these lame arguments just to loose and look dumb :unsure: