Psaki's Punk the Idiots Show

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, viability...that's what Roe v. Wade hangs its hat on as the inception of life. I think we could go a step further, if needed. I mean, Roe says it has to be a self-supporting organism. BUT, not all organisms are human. What makes us human is self-awareness. When do we become self-aware?
Many of the posters here are still not self aware.

erbb Abort! erbb Abort! erbb Abort!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If the pro-choice and pro-life pepole would stop screaming at each other for 5 minutes, maybe we could come to some sort of decent compromise. Like what is common abortion law in Europe. Typically, that is abortion on demand for the first three months, pretty tough to get after that. In exchange, free and easy to get contraception, and way better, free-on-demand neonatal care. We'd probably see the total number of abortions drop considerably, and hopefully the screamers would STFU.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If the pro-choice and pro-life pepole would stop screaming at each other for 5 minutes, maybe we could come to some sort of decent compromise. Like what is common abortion law in Europe. Typically, that is abortion on demand for the first three months, pretty tough to get after that. In exchange, free and easy to get contraception, and way better, free-on-demand neonatal care. We'd probably see the total number of abortions drop considerably, and hopefully the screamers would STFU.
I'm pretty strongly pro choice, unmistakably left-of-center in the USA sample, and this is a wet dream for my ilk. Wanting contraception to be covered by health insurance in the face of religious (right) objection got BTFO in court. Compromise on free? What the actual Sandra Fluke?

This is one of those posts where someone generally regarded as an erBB centrist frames their idea of a compromise as centrist, and it's unmistakably left of center. It's not AOC with a coat hanger, but Warnock, Manchin, and Sinema are privately BEGGING you not to make them campaign on this, followed by more House (D) than the current margin of majority.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I would think that strong restrictions on abortion after three months would be an anathema to the left.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I would think that strong restrictions on abortion after three months would be an anathema to the left.
No questions 1st trimester and "It's pretty tough" 2nd/3rd trimester is anathema to the left wing of the left, sure. That's perfectly reasonable. It's also the only facet of your policy proposal subject to any sizeable objection from the left.

But you can count the Republicans who agree with you on one hand. Murkowski next door to Russia, and Susan Collins plus some other living fossils in New England? If you force the issue AND they get to star in some hearings and have "grave concerns" on primetime TV??

The suggestion about free contraception, you've got almost all the Democrats including the far left, and on the right, again, you might get Murkowski and Collins on your best day. But the Supreme Court in Hobby Lobby and all the Republicans in states where people outnumber moose are going completely apeshit at this suggestion.

Ditto free neo-natal care. You might add Shelly Moore Capito in the 2-year cycle after she wins an election if you can tie-in a per capita funding allocation opioid addiction barrel of pork - that'll play in West Virginia.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you could do it if we also had easy/free access to health services such as contraception, testing,
and counseling...a non-puritanical sexual education curriculum that is not premised on abstinence
would also lend itself to this type of framework

the whole system is broken

Reactions: Woke AF and hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
you could do it if we also had easy/free access to health services such as contraception, testing,
and counseling...a non-puritanical sexual education curriculum that is not premised on abstinence

477600D5-84D7-4E67-80DD-A5E54B051976.gif

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Remember when the press and WH were adversaries, like they should be? Everything truly was better in the Trump years. The media cannot be the 4th Estate when it is fraternity

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Remember when the press and WH were adversaries, like they should be? Everything truly was better in the Trump years. The media cannot be the 4th Estate when it is fraternity

Why should the press and WH be adversaries?

at least in the sense that you want it to be.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The press is the best weapon we have to keep the government in check. When the press isn't acting as such, it becomes a propaganda arm
I think that works when the press is not ideologically motivated. Sadly, almost everybody in media now is not just reporting facts but pushing an agenda.

Fox or MSNBC, Huffpo or Breitbart, they're all the same. Depending on which party is in power, they're either for the President or against the President.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

They want the sluts to have the babies.

Let no egg go to waste!

You give power to the fetus to subordinate the woman.

They do the same thing with teachers at my school.

Empower the students to subordinate the teachers.

Yes, I am proposing that teachers can abort unwanted students.

Thanks you

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF and hal9000

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The right has proven that it's not operating in good faith over and over again.

Reactions: hal9000 and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

And you blindly supported a President who called the the press "the enemy of the people", try and square that circle for me?