ProudBois-talken......

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The constant "gaslighting" allegations in here are tiresome and lazy. The term has been hijacked and turned into something it never was. It's used as a crutch now. With a frequency that has served to make it almost completely nonsensical.

"Gaslighting is a colloquialism that is loosely defined as making someone question their reality.

The term is also used, informally, to describe someone (a "gaslighter") who persistently puts forth a false narrative which leads another person (or a group of people) to doubt their own perceptions to the extent that they become disoriented and distressed. This dynamic is generally only possible when the audience is vulnerable such as in unequal power relationships or when the audience is fearful of the losses associated with challenging the false narrative. Gaslighting is not necessarily malicious or intentional, although in some cases it is."

Did the bad unequally powerful man make you doubt your perceptions? Did you become disoriented and distressed? GOOD. That's how you learn. Everyone should question their perceptions. And if that makes you become disoriented and distressed, you're pretty much a pussy that should probably get out of the politics forum.

Now if you will excuse me, I must take my pussy and leave the politics forum before I become disoriented and distressed.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The constant "gaslighting" allegations in here are tiresome and lazy. The term has been hijacked and turned into something it never was. It's used as a crutch now. With a frequency that has served to make it almost completely nonsensical.

"Gaslighting is a colloquialism that is loosely defined as making someone question their reality.

The term is also used, informally, to describe someone (a "gaslighter") who persistently puts forth a false narrative which leads another person (or a group of people) to doubt their own perceptions to the extent that they become disoriented and distressed. This dynamic is generally only possible when the audience is vulnerable such as in unequal power relationships or when the audience is fearful of the losses associated with challenging the false narrative. Gaslighting is not necessarily malicious or intentional, although in some cases it is."

Did the bad unequally powerful man make you doubt your perceptions? Did you become disoriented and distressed? GOOD. That's how you learn. Everyone should question their perceptions. And if that makes you become disoriented and distressed, you're pretty much a pussy that should probably get out of the politics forum.

Now if you will excuse me, I must take my pussy and leave the politics forum before I become disoriented and distressed.
Exactly what Ifail attempts in almost every post.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
  • Haha

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I would reply to this thread, but I feel vulnerable doing such as I am clearly in an unequal power relationship in here and I am becoming disoriented and distressed!!! :oops: :(:oops::cry::eek::barf:

Now I must flee the power you are emanating and seek safe harbor among the stupid cretins of Ventucky. (y)

Goodbye cruel erBB! :waving:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I would reply to this thread, but I feel vulnerable doing such as I am clearly in an unequal power relationship in here and I am becoming disoriented and distressed!!! :oops: :(:oops::cry::eek::barf:

Now I must flee the power you are emanating and seek safe harbor among the stupid cretins of Ventucky. (y)

Goodbye cruel erBB! :waving:
  • “You’re taking things too personally.”

• Haha
Reactions: mundus