ProudBois-talken......

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I love it when people use the "we were just joking around" and/or the "boys will be boys" defense
This story is as old as civilization.

I said this many years ago, Proud Bois are modern day skinheads.
Once they adopted Fred Perry shirts, a skinhead uniform, it was just a mater of time. :roflmao:

And this infighting between PB factions is exactly what happened with skinheads in the 70s and 80s.

I wish the search function didn't suck so I can find ifailalots posts from 2016 when he joined the Proud Bois.
He and GDaddy screeched "West is Best", "we are Western Chauvinists" and how there's nothing wrong with nationalism.
And @grapedrink feverishly defending Proud Bois, claiming how they're non-violent and how Andy Ngo is just a "journalist". :roflmao:

These clowns never learn that they are on the wrong side of history, every, single, time.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Once they adopted Fred Perry shirts, a skinhead uniform, it was just a mater of time. :roflmao:

And this infighting between PB factions is exactly what happened with skinheads in the 70s and 80s.

I wish the search function didn't suck so I can find ifailalots posts from 2016 when he joined the Proud Bois.
He and GDaddy screeched "West is Best", "we are Western Chauvinists" and how there's nothing wrong with nationalism.
And @grapedrink feverishly defending Proud Bois, claiming how they're non-violent and how Andy Ngo is just a "journalist". :roflmao:

These clowns never learn that they are on the wrong side of history, every, single, time.

I will mostly agree, except that skinheads did not start off as a racist group but rather came out of the dance hall/rocksteady scene/ska scenes in england. It was,mostly white kids co-opting black culture (i know, shocking) but also a scene composed of working-class kids and young adults who had a big problem with the classism in England. That scene also included other races and ethnicities since the white kids and non-whites were very much in the same boat in terms of class and income.

In contrast, the Proudbois started out as a racist group and became an even more racist/nationalist group, and they have, as far as I can tell, sh!t taste in music.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Holy mischaracterization batman. I never said they were non-violent . . . What I said is at the time, there was ZERO proof of them starting a fight with anyone other than the people who wanted to fight with them. They are the at the other end of the spectrum from violent leftists, who there is far more proof of violence against non-combatants, and they are all scumbags. Yet you can only bring yourself to condemn one side.

How many POCs have been beat up by proud boys simply for existing and going about their business in public? Because that's what skinheads did regularly. Show me proof of that and I will gladly condemn it.

My entire argument has always been that yes, they are shitheads, but they do not live up to the boogeyman skinhead narrative that the media hype fed your stupid ass :roflmao: :loser:

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I will mostly agree, except that skinheads did not start off as a racist group but rather came out of the dance hall/rocksteady scene/ska scenes in england. It was,mostly white kids co-opting black culture (i know, shocking) but also a scene composed of working-class kids and young adults who had a big problem with the classism in England. That scene also included other races and ethnicities since the white kids and non-whites were very much in the same boat in terms of class and income.

In contrast, the Proudbois started out as a racist group and became an even more racist/nationalist group, and they have, as far as I can tell, sh!t taste in music.
Skinheads also regularly attack(ed) people simply for being a person of another race in public going about their normal everyday business, or for dating a white girl, oftentimes serious bodily injury and occasionally death. This was common in the 80s/90s and after. Not sure how common that is today, because when it happens the media has a field day with it.

The comparison is garbage and dishonest. You guys clearly have no desire to have an honest discussion about the 2 groups. Both groups are absolute shitheads but their MO is nowhere close.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand