Pros who were "Cancelled"

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Some of you are struggling with this thread -

We are talking about pros who were canceled and unceremoniously shown the door due to poor behavior.. Wardo, Burness. Idiots...

Not pros who disappeared and moved on with their lives..

Take your stupid pizza sub thread elsewhere.

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Some of you are struggling with this thread -

We are talking about pros who were canceled and unceremoniously shown the door due to poor behavior.. Wardo, Burness. Idiots...

Not pros who disappeared and moved on with their lives..

Take your stupid pizza sub thread elsewhere.
I'm going to Laventina's Big Cheese Pizza right now. I know when I'm not welcome. :cautious:

Has anyone mentioned Shaun Tomson yet?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Let's talk worst pizza.

Pizza that should be cancelled.

Costco is some of the worst.

But I think the worst I've ever had - and I've eaten a lot of pizza around the planet (it's usually the first thing I eat whenever I'm in a new place) - is Pizza Bella near Old Town in SD.

So bad even Totino's is better.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Let's talk worst pizza.

But I think the worst I've ever had - and I've eaten a lot of pizza around the planet (it's usually the first thing I eat whenever I'm in a new place) - is Pizza Bella near Old Town in SD.

Any of the CPK style crap where there is almost no crust. Flat like a pancake where the sauce, cheese and toppings go right up to the edge, and whatever crust they do have is crispy like a cracker. GTFO with that BS. I need a crust I can wrap my fingers around.

I actually got pretty good at making my own pizza because I was so demoralized by what was available locally. Keys to the castle right here:

-4:2:1 ratio by weight of dough:cheese:sauce
-This is best recipe I've found https://www.campchef.com/recipes/recipe-artisan-pizza-dough.html
-I do a half recipe and add 2 tsp of sugar and oil; gives the crust a bit more body and caramelization; makes 4- 200 g dough balls, which are about a 6-8 inch pizza depending on how much you roll it out
-You want the water to be slightly warm when you mix the dough; 100F is ideal
-Whether you do homemade or store bought, let it get to room temperature and proof a bit before you make the pizza. This is the main reason why most homemade pizza is pathetic and you end up with hard chewy crust

You're welcome :beer:

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Flat like a pancake where the sauce, cheese and toppings go right up to the edge, and whatever crust they do have is crispy like a cracker. GTFO with that BS. I need a crust I can wrap my fingers around.
That's Midwest style - round cracker crust cut into squares.

I'm not a fan, but a good one can get the job done in a pinch.

I actually got pretty good at making my own pizza because I was so demoralized by what was available locally. Keys to the castle right here:

-4:2:1 ratio by weight of dough:cheese:sauce
-This is best recipe I've found https://www.campchef.com/recipes/recipe-artisan-pizza-dough.html
-I do a half recipe and add 2 tsp of sugar and oil; gives the crust a bit more body and caramelization; makes 4- 200 g dough balls, which are about a 6-8 inch pizza depending on how much you roll it out
-You want the water to be slightly warm when you mix the dough; 100F is ideal
-Whether you do homemade or store bought, let it get to room temperature and proof a bit before you make the pizza. This is the main reason why most homemade pizza is pathetic and you end up with hard chewy crust

You're welcome :beer:
What sort of oven are you using?

Surfside Pizza isn't all bad.

Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Let's talk worst pizza.

How dare you say that about Costco pizza.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Since I am guilty of contributing to the obnoxious pizza sub-thread, here's a cancellation - Paul Sergeant.

From being one of, probably the most prominent and influential photojournalist in surfing, one-time ASP Media liaison, to a non-person overnight.

The ASP legal counsel ordered Sarge not to set foot within 10 kilometres of an ASP event site or face prosecution.

That was decades ago now and as far as anyone knows, he hasn't - while continuing to deny the alleged conduct.

https://stabmag.com/style/sarge/

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Since I am guilty of contributing to the obnoxious pizza sub-thread, here's a cancellation - Paul Sergeant.

From being one of, probably the most prominent and influential photojournalist in surfing, one-time ASP Media liaison, to a non-person overnight.

The ASP legal counsel ordered Sarge not to set foot within 10 kilometres of an ASP event site or face prosecution.

That was decades ago now and as far as anyone knows, he hasn't - while continuing to deny the alleged conduct.

WTF! :foreheadslap::oops:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Let's talk worst pizza.
Anything deep dish.

Huoli Reeves and Chad Barba kept it a little too real for bodyboarding if I remember correctly. Huoli known for OTW/Pipe and Barba for Wedge/Seal.

There was a story about some Aussies who asked Manny Vargas (SoCal bodyboarder) about a road trip to Baja with Barba and how Manny told them he knows all the spots and then some but there'd be a meltdown. Comrade Dyatlov mode was activated. I forget if it ever made print but I tried briefly googling and couldn't find anything.

Also @ElOgro is correct; Passaic County up in this beach.

Clear day flex:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
There was a story about some Aussies who asked Manny Vargas (SoCal bodyboarder) about a road trip to Baja with Barba and how Manny told them he knows all the spots and then some but there'd be a meltdown. Comrade Dyatlov mode was activated. I forget if it ever made print but I tried briefly googling and couldn't find anything.
I think I met Manny in Baja once when I was 18-19. A weird trip with a coworker at Home Depot at the time that kinda surfed. He was from somewhere else but I can't remember. Nice enough guy. musician.I think he OD'd a few years later.

Anyway, he was friends with this boogie boarder from outside Rosarito who was living/working in NCSD whose name escapes me. He was missing an arm. (maybe a hand, or forearm? and a leg below the knee. A real character.

Anyway, we did a shitty drive to Northern Baja trip and surfed once or twice, scoring unmemorable waves. Typical Spring Break stuff. Highlights were:

-Staying at the 1legged boogie guys family place off the side of the old free road in a little strip of a town between Rosarito and Ensenada. It was a studio that smelled like cat ****. He borrowed an an allen wrench from the local mechanic to tighten his knee up and the look on the mechanics face when he rolled up his pant leg was hilarious.

.-First and last trip to Adelita's in TJ.

-Spring Break shenanigans with whatever Manny's crew was. No Friends maybe?

-Getting shaken down by a Tijuana cop for the first time.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
I guess Bruce cancelled himself...miss watching his surfing.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii

Wow, this one is bad...

The incident that led to Sarge’s banishment from the sport involved him performing an unsolicited sexual act on another male journalist in his sleep, who suffered from violent nightmares for two years afterwards

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Any of the CPK style crap where there is almost no crust. Flat like a pancake where the sauce, cheese and toppings go right up to the edge, and whatever crust they do have is crispy like a cracker. GTFO with that BS. I need a crust I can wrap my fingers around.
You are thinking of bread.

Pizza is something else.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think I met Manny in Baja once when I was 18-19. A weird trip with a coworker at Home Depot at the time that kinda surfed. He was from somewhere else but I can't remember. Nice enough guy. musician.I think he OD'd a few years later.

Anyway, he was friends with this boogie boarder from outside Rosarito who was living/working in NCSD whose name escapes me. He was missing an arm. (maybe a hand, or forearm? and a leg below the knee. A real character.

Anyway, we did a shitty drive to Northern Baja trip and surfed once or twice, scoring unmemorable waves. Typical Spring Break stuff. Highlights were:

-Staying at the 1legged boogie guys family place off the side of the old free road in a little strip of a town between Rosarito and Ensenada. It was a studio that smelled like cat ****. He borrowed an an allen wrench from the local mechanic to tighten his knee up and the look on the mechanics face when he rolled up his pant leg was hilarious.

.-First and last trip to Adelita's in TJ.

-Spring Break shenanigans with whatever Manny's crew was. No Friends maybe?

-Getting shaken down by a Tijuana cop for the first time.
The semi bob, did he have a serious speech impediment? I know a guy up in Nexpa that’s like that called “El Mocho” (Mexican nicknames are often cruel). Charger on a knello.