Proctor MonsterChief

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I have a friend in who who loves and rips and only rides Proctors, he pays full price so he could ride any board but chooses those. I saw a video of Allen Sarlo ripping a M Chief, former pro but I think he is in his 60's was pretty impressive.

Reactions: ciscojaws

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I have a buddy that loves them and i've looked at his closely. They look great and high quality builds. Their proxy epoxy construction has a lot of fans. I've talked to them about getting a board done before and their customer service seems awesome. Very personal when getting a board and dialing in what will work best. Will probably try some of their shapes when they get sorted out with XTR.

Reactions: ciscojaws

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I haven't ridden a proctor but there are some guys in the next town down the coast who ride them. They surf well and when I asked how they like the proctors they said "love 'em". Looked like a carbon rail build of some sort on the ones I saw.

I looked into ordering one some years ago but I think the sheer number of models and options overwhelmed me and I never pulled the trigger.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
A buddy of mine has a monsta, and a mobsta, and loves them both. He said dealing with Todd was awesome, and his boards are definitely sweet.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
What do you mean "get sorted?" Are there issues?
They didn't have the process with XTR setup yet when I talked with them a few months back. I got excited seeing Todd's shapes on the XTR site so I was going to place an order for one. I was put on a list to be notified when they are ready to offer their shapes in XTR. Haven't heard back from them yet so I'm assuming they are still working through the details.

Hmmm, normal PU on his website seems to be not much more than a CI? Based on @trifish comment it seems like a good deal.
He does the shaping and his wife seems to handle the orders. I talked with her at the time, but it sounded like he does a great job focusing on every customer. He does a consultation on the phone or in person for each order and works with the customer to get it dialed in. Seems valuable for guys that don't have their specs fully figured out or just the ones that want some extra guidance along the way.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I had a custom Monsta. I liked the board a lot and it was easy to deal with Todd and his wife. Todd did a consultation with me before he shaped the board.

The wait was pretty long when I ordered (6 months), but they let you know ahead of time and they were accurate with their estimate so I have no problem with that at all. He's busy for a reason.

I'd definitely get another board from him.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Don't know about the MonsterChief. But I do have this one. Combo of psyched/apprehensive to surf this up north as there will be days I will probably need it.

8'2" x 18 5/8" x 2 1'2"

1603155872332.png