INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Reactions: JDJ

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Those prices seem a little absurd but I don't dabble in Frye's. I think the easiest way to gauge would be calling someone like the board source and seeing what they would be willing to pay you. Add 25-50% onto that and you have what they think they could sell for.

Reactions: INDTUBE

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
That's insane. I would guess $2,000-5,000 depending on condition.
Bird at Birds Surf Shed would be the guy to ask. Not only is he a collector, and buddy of Skips, he recently sold a couple in the shop, according to their insta.

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
I would guess $2,000-4,000 depending on condition.
Bird at Birds Surf Shed would be the guy to ask. Not only is he a collector, and buddy of Skips, he recently sold a couple in the shop, according to their insta.
Thanks - I was thinking $2,000 per board to someone who will actually ride it - I found them really hard boards to ride well - anyone interested?

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Thanks - I was thinking $2,000 per board to someone who will actually ride it - I found them really hard boards to ride well - anyone interested?
Yeah, I'm sure you could get more from a collector who wants to wall-hang it. I rarely see them at the beach anymore.
Talk to Bird. He may even be able to sell them at the shop for you. I'm sure he gets people asking all the time. Those ones he posted (without a price) sold within a few hours.

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Yeah, I'm sure you could get more from a collector who wants to wall-hang it. I rarely see them at the beach anymore.
Talk to Bird. He may even be able to sell them at the shop for you. I'm sure he gets people asking all the time. Those ones he posted (without a price) sold within a few hours.
good info thanks for the response - I hate too see them under my house in LA in bags for the last 15 years - I take one out a year on my buddies birthday and look like a complete kook.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
long time ago i went into the shop (harry‘s ? i forget) and asked about getting a skip fish...

i think i talked to his wife donna. she gave me the details, which were come back and pick up the shaped blank, & they’d give me an eagle lam to take with it to the glasser...

i’m from the east coast, lazy, and easily distracted, so never got one...

longer time ago remember seeing a few s.frye shaped gordon & smiths at keller’s in lavallette, nj...

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
That's insane. I would guess $2,000-5,000 depending on condition.
this is consistent with the pricing I was told by two people I know that just got some skips. The problem is getting him to shape you one.

I saw my buddy after he got out of the water from his first session on his beautiful frye keel. No hello, how are you doing or anything he just looked at me and said "this thing is really hard to ride" :roflmao:

My other buddy got an 8'0" egg and he loves it but he's been riding skips for years. In person it's a really cool looking board.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Don't sell yet. The price will only increase over time. I think that a Frye in good condition, gloss and polish, tint, starts over $5k.

If you want to ride and enjoy a board, get a Mitsven, Mabile, Warner, Hall, CC, G&S, etc. All of those boards will ride just as good if not better.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Don't sell yet. The price will only increase over time. I think that a Frye in good condition, gloss and polish, tint, starts over $5k.
Of course, if you wanna be cynical, skip is 80 now, and still shaping…
So they will eventually be worth more in a few years. Ugh.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That waves forever website used to sell custom
and stock Fryes. They were a ton of money but available.

Reactions: Havoc

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019

If you want to ride and enjoy a board, get a Mitsven, Mabile, Warner, Hall, CC, G&S, etc. All of those boards will ride just as good if not better.
Yeah ii know! ts a tough call - I am selling a lot of sh!t right now (a house in CO and everything in it )- 2 cars just sold - my place in LA is next - downsizing before the economic collapse hits. Once I started to let things go - letting other things go ihat mean something to me is getting easier and easier. I just hate to see them sit under my house for sentimental reasons or move them to a storage unit where they will just sit- There are 25+ boards down there all San Diego shaper - except the brewers.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I was lucky enough to try a friend's Skip longboard not long ago....definitely a point and shoot
vibe and not easy to surf (for me) and after a few waves wanted my other board back, lol.
I know he sold another of his not too far back for like $2500 and has, I think, 2 now. I agree that they'll
just continue to grow in value. If you don't need to, hold them for a while more and get crazy
bank for them.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I was in the market for a Hall or Frye and was pointed more towards Mabile for the ride. The Frye/Hall deal is a challenge to ride and not as enjoyable. To each their own and like many things its a D^ck Measuring Stick for some humans...

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I would really like to own one, but I bought my oldest kid an old Rav 4 for 2 k and now 4 years later my youngest has taken it over as her first car. If I win lotto or something I would pick one up.