Presidential Debates - DONE!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
And Biden had/has charisma???
I'll admit he is dry but there is personality there but yeah, not the most charismatic personality.
The thing he had going for him in addition to having Beltway experience is that he is a highly decorated combat veteran, something that has been lacking in our highest office for too long. Trump would not have been able to pull his pseudo New York tough guy schtick on him in a one on one "debate".
None of this matters now anyhoo... Who knows what's on deck for 2024 only that it is going to be a real $hitshow.
Biden had more charisma than Webb. But then again so did John Kerry, and the decorated combat vet thing got him nowhere with Dubya, who even Trump could lay out. Of course maybe you're saying Webb would have swung on Trump? THAT would have been worth the price of admission!

If the 2024 GOP primary is as good as the 2016 one was, four more years of Trump would be the bargain of the century for that comedy.

Reactions: npsp

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@Duffy LaCoronilla , what happened to the need to ”listen to both sides” that you Roganite Antivaxxer Twats are always harping about?
I think a three hour sit down with the two nominees moderated by someone who is at least honest about their biases would be valuable.

The current debate format provides voters nothing of value at all.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I think a three hour sit down with the two nominees moderated by someone who is at least honest about their biases would be valuable.

The current debate format provides voters nothing of value at all.
who would you consider to be someone that’s honest about their biases and would be a fair moderator for both sides? Can you name one person?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Wait what, I need to know more about these camera tricks that made Trump looked bad. :unsure:

Like he needed a camera trick to make him look bad. :roflmao:
They filtered it to make him look more orange.

You can see it clearly in his debates with Hillary by watching the split screen shots. The background behind trump is tinted, more orange/magenta shifted.

I thought this was common knowledge.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

You can see it clearly in his debates with Hillary by watching the split screen shots. The background behind trump is tinted, more orange/magenta shifted.

And nobody ever made Obama look blacker?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
They’ve done it a lot.

Did it to Rogan too…

We don’t have journalism anymore.
NFTweekly! :roflmao:

Do you read Doge Enthusiast or Shib Aficianado as well? What about $CAT Fancy?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

So they made Trump looked orange in the same broadcast where nobody else looked orange?

:roflmao:

Do you seriously think that he doesn't look more orange than anybody else?

Do you really need a camera trick for this? :unsure:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So they made Trump looked orange in the same broadcast where nobody else looked orange?

:roflmao:

Do you seriously think that he doesn't look more orange than anybody else?

Do you really need a camera trick for this? :unsure:
I don’t recall his coloring during the debates in particular. But I will say that there were plenty of times where I saw the “mainstream media” deliberately using unflattering images of him and often times ones where you can tell the parameters were pushed in ways that exposed pores and contrast. I always said he’s an ugly enough human to begin with, it’s not necessary and it’s a bad look to have to do that. Almost as bad as all those on the right who’d routinely make Obama look blacker, just not as racist.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
who would you consider to be someone that’s honest about their biases and would be a fair moderator for both sides? Can you name one person?
Any decent lawyer or debater can argue a position opposite to their beliefs. It shouldn’t be difficult to find a centrist to press both sides.

Reactions: afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Greg

What are some of Harris's policies you don't like?

I don't even know what they are.

I don't think about her.

I don't think she can win a presidential election.

So that is a comforting thought
HOW TOTALLY FKN UNSURPRISING THAT GREG DIDN'T RESPOND

I'd say that maybe he was still doing his research but lolololololol

KAMALA SOOOOOO SCARY

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Of course maybe you're saying Webb would have swung on Trump? THAT would have been worth the price of admission!
I would have mortgaged my house to see that. A moment of glory that would live forever.

I can just imagine it now..."You need to shut the fuck up right now, you big fat oaf!"...POW!!!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
HOW TOTALLY FKN UNSURPRISING THAT GREG DIDN'T RESPOND

I'd say that maybe he was still doing his research but lolololololol

KAMALA SOOOOOO SCARY
Wasn't she a little zealous with her drug convictions?

Anti-drug grey would approve, no?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
lol, you think Gary is that informed?!

ahahahahaha

she's a brown woman that's Illhan Omar adjacent so obviously a baby blood drinker

derpa derp!

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I would have mortgaged my house to see that. A moment of glory that would live forever.

I can just imagine it now..."You need to shut the fook up right now, you big fat oaf!"...POW!!!
Something along those lines would have been epic and good for our country.
Unfortunately, we're in a weird situation where the current Presidents mental faculties are waning and the VP is completely unfit for office and the likely (unless a miracle happens) Republican challenger may be the guy that lost the last election and was the most polarizing President ever. Guaranteed entertainment but horrifying as well.

Sharkbiscuit, you seem really tuned into Beltway politics and the players. If you had powers of anointment, who would you pick to be our President, Vice President and Sec. State and why?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Unfortunately, we're in a weird situation where the current Presidents mental faculties are waning and the VP is completely unfit for office and the likely (unless a miracle happens) Republican challenger may be the guy that lost the last election and was the most polarizing President ever. Guaranteed entertainment but horrifying as well.

Sharkbiscuit, you seem really tuned into Beltway politics and the players. If you had powers of anointment, who would you pick to be our President, Vice President and Sec. State and why?
With Presidents Synema and Manchin refusing to do basically anything that doesn't funnel taxpayer money to Manchin's daughter, and Breyer refusing to retire or drop dead?

I'd pick three homeless people because two Democrat-by-dint-of-not-being-a-literal-Creationist Senators aren't going to prevent basically anything from happening in order to dominate fundraising, so nothing is going to happen from here on out. Unless Breyer has the sense to retire or drop dead before Halloween-ish.

Any moderate (D) who is going to cut the DoD budget, bump up taxation, and largely ignore social issues is close enough for me. I liked Klobuchar the most out of the moderates running in 2020. Not too old (Biden) not too un-electable (Harris, dude with husband named Chasten Buttigieg).

VP, maybe a Bill Weld or an Angus King. Maybe the Maryland Governor, Hogan? One of the Northeast moderate (R)/Ind who can maybe advance the GOP-left-me, I didn't leave the GOP angle?

Secretary of State - An agree-able non-hawk who majored in CHAI NAH? If we had Lindsey Graham's affability, Ron Paul's intervention instincts, and someone with in-country fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese, that'd be ideal.

Reactions: npsp

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Out of curiosity, what makes her unfit for office compared to the last guy?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think an interesting debate would be between Kamala and Nikki Haley. Neither one could take the high road with respect to race or gender so they would actually have to discuss policy.