Presidential Debates - DONE!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Then she has your vote? She hasn’t been worth #twoshits so far. Feel free to correct me if you disagree.
Gore and Pence after they lost are the only times I've seen anything worth two shits from a VP. Cheney's debate performance in 2004 was very solid, and Obama needed Biden to run Paul Ryan over in 2012 and Biden delivered.

Most of Harris's policy positions are in line with mine. I don't think she could win an election on her own outside California, so I don't want her to run, but unless a Bill Weld or Angus King third party type - and IMHO there's not much policy daylight between Harris and Bill Weld - is polling competitively, yeah Kamala has my vote.

Unless I still have to get a Covid test to re-enter the US in summer 2024. Then I'm writing in Hitler.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Liz Cheney
Ted Cruz
Mitt Romney
Marco Rubio
Ron DeSantis
Mike Pence
Tom Cotton
Josh Hawley
Donald J Trump

I have never bought anything pay-per-view in my life. That might change next year!
I'm excited to hear all the new 5th grade insult nicknames Trump will have to come up with.

"Lez Cheney"

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The whole party is capitulating to Lord Trump. Next they’ll do away with the primary just like they did in 2020.
That would dangerous for Trump. Without the foaming-at-the-mouth rubes to vote for a Trumper in the primaries, the party bosses (who secretly despise Trump) might actually put up a reasonable human being for a candidate.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
There hasn't been an actual moderated debate in years. As mentioned above, these so called "moderators" don't even moderate. Adding to the mess is the fact that the participants have zero respect for the actual debate format and never actually respond to the question asked. The whole debate thing is a joke.
I suppose if we go back to the Biden/Trump debate threads you'll have said the same? I have a feeling there's a lot of "Trump won" in your posts.

I still like to hear a politician's platform under a bit of pressure.

I also find it strange that (R) want this gone - it's 100% how Trump was able to find his footing in 2016. "Telling it like it is" and all that.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I suppose if we go back to the Biden/Trump debate threads you'll have said the same? I have a feeling there's a lot of "Trump won" in your posts.

I also find it strange that (R) want this gone - it's 100% how Trump was able to find his footing in 2016. "Telling it like it is" and all that.
Nah he's a Jim Webb guy!

There's a smattering of "Hillary exists and so I'm literally shaking rn", but npsp (along with lots of other people IMO) seems to underestimate the extent to which Hillary DOES represent the mainstream of the Democratic Party. I don't get the DNC forced her thing. She whipped Bernie's ass just like Biden whipped Bernie's ass, and every time a Bernie type DOES with the (D) primary, they lose 49 states.

Reactions: npsp

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
There's a smattering of "Hillary exists and so I'm literally shaking rn", but npsp (along with lots of other people IMO) seems to underestimate the extent to which Hillary DOES represent the mainstream of the Democratic Party. I don't get the DNC forced her thing. She whipped Bernie's ass just like Biden whipped Bernie's ass, and every time a Bernie type DOES with the (D) primary, they lose 49 states.
In Hillary's case, her problem wasn't the message but the messenger. Few people love Hillary, but shitloads of people hate her.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

Nobody won the Biden vs Trump debate because there wasn't a debate. That's my point. These latest "debates" are nothing but a tele-spectacle to boost ad revenues.

I'd love to see Trump completely melt down under a true debate format with strong moderator running the show.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The debates became a useless joke thanks to the people putting them on. Not just in this past election, I'm even talking about elections Republicans have won and beyond over the past 20 years as as the way Americans consume information has changed. Its an archaic system and that commission has outlived its usefulness to anyone. Dummies on the left are just lamenting the way they could slant and control the process (even in democrat primaries) to get the outcome they wanted under the old system. Bypassing the old system opens the doors for better candidates (for the American people) from across the political spectrum. What upsets (scares the sh!t out of) the left.....and particularly the far left, is the loss of control over the process and the information the American people get to see and hear. Why is it that the far left fears free thinking, free speech and the free flow of information so much. Its as if their ideas are reallllly unpopular.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Nah he's a Jim Webb guy!

Ha!
Yes, I am a Jim Webb guy (he's a Democrat by the way).
As much as I dislike HRC (I'm not alone), I don't underestimate her place in the mainstream of the Democratic Party. It wasn't a DNC didn't force her thing. It was a she forced the DNC thing. She bullied her way to the top, was the shot caller and her loss is on her.
Politics in America is in a sad state of affairs....

Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I like Webb too. His views on foreign policy are especially interesting. He actually thinks about stuff. Would have made a good secretary of state.

Reactions: npsp

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Greg

What are some of Harris's policies you don't like?

I don't even know what they are.

I don't think about her.

I don't think she can win a presidential election.

So that is a comforting thought

Reactions: $kully

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I like Webb too. His views on foreign policy are especially interesting. He actually thinks about stuff. Would have made a good secretary of state.
Yes he would probably been a better Sec. State than President.
When everyone else was talking about the Middle East being the the biggest threat to national security he wanted to talk about it being China and was cut off at the knees. The DNC and the media should have listed to the one guy in the room who actually knew what he was talking about, but they didn't, and we wound up with Trump. :foreheadslap::bricks:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Greg

What are some of Harris's policies you don't like?

I don't even know what they are.

I don't think about her.

I don't think she can win a presidential election.

So that is a comforting thought
I’m pretty sure he has no problems with her record of locking up people of color.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yes he would probably been a better Sec. State than President.
When everyone else was talking about the Middle East being the the biggest threat to national security he wanted to talk about it being China and was cut off at the knees. The DNC and the media should have listed to the one guy in the room who actually knew what he was talking about, but they didn't, and we wound up with Trump. :foreheadslap::bricks:
IMHO Webb knows what he's talking about re: foreign policy and has the charisma of a clump of dogshit stuck to the bottom of a shoe. My guess is he'd win a few more states than Mondale.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
IMHO Webb knows what he's talking about re: foreign policy and has the charisma of a clump of dogshit stuck to the bottom of a shoe. My guess is he'd win a few more states than Mondale.
And Biden had/has charisma???
I'll admit he is dry but there is personality there but yeah, not the most charismatic personality.
The thing he had going for him in addition to having Beltway experience is that he is a highly decorated combat veteran, something that has been lacking in our highest office for too long. Trump would not have been able to pull his pseudo New York tough guy schtick on him in a one on one "debate".
None of this matters now anyhoo... Who knows what's on deck for 2024 only that it is going to be a real $hitshow.

Reactions: afoaf