PPACA without the mandate

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Uhh Trump marched those policies in right through the front door because that's the platform he was elected on. It's how Trump won at the EC.
Right, EC.

Who would have thought that after 8 years of black man in the WHite House, middle America would elect a racist POS?

It's very unusual.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Maybe Obama's all-race-all-the-time program wasn't such a good idea after all. Weird how that backfired on him.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I asked you. Yes or no. I wasn’t aware that I was consulting you for a professional opinion. (If you intended that as a question)
Well, no divorces so far, so they're all that much further ahead than I started. And my 14-yr old granddaughter isn't growing up with SJW tendencies so that's looking pretty good so far. Ima teach the newest toddler addition to our clan how to share with others and how to read before he hits kindergarden. Because that's our plan - us grandparents on both sides - because my kids married good people - handle the daycare while the parents work. They aren't forced to farm it out to minimum wage workers at the Head Start program.

We make the sacrifices it takes to TCOB in my household because the unit is still the big priority even though they're out on their own now. You're going to be waiting a long damn time for our unit to break down because it's not happening while I'm sitting at the table.
today's professional pro bono gift:
don't push or expect a pre-k kid to read. some kids are naturally inclined to pick up reading early if so, let them go at their own speed but little to no instruction.
social interaction with kids who are different or in groups of kids is far more developmentally appropriate. basic math activities such as skip counting, sorting activities same/different, and phonological awareness activities are the building blocks of reading and are far more valuable to the pre-reader.

But do as your Clan dictates, as you surely will, but remember I have made a good living for 23 years from parents who push early reading.

Reactions: FecalFace

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
don't push or expect a pre-k kid to read. some kids are naturally inclined to pick up reading early if so, let them go at their own speed but little to no instruction.
social interaction with kids who are different or in groups of kids is far more developmentally appropriate. basic math activities such as skip counting, sorting activities same/different, and phonological awareness activities are the building blocks of reading and are far more valuable to the pre-reader.

But do as your Clan dictates, as you surely will, but remember I have made a good living for 23 years from parents who push early reading.
Why did you quote me but not respond. It’s still the same yes or no question.

I made no living raising kids for longer than that. Learning starts at home.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad

No problemo. It wasn't any of my kids that required remediation. They were always a couple years ahead of their peers in reading skills.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Even Obama publicly criticized the people who put their consumerism ahead of paying for their healthcare coverage. You got money for the cell phone and sneakers but you won't pay for coverage.
I find that analogy a bit disingenuous. The cost of healthcare coverage goes far beyond the cost of a nice pair of sneakers or a phone.

That said, I do find it dumb that people have $100+/month cell phone bills who can barely pay the rent.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I find that analogy a bit disingenuous. The cost of healthcare coverage goes far beyond the cost of a nice pair of sneakers or a phone.

That said, I do find it dumb that people have $100+/month cell phone bills who can barely pay the rent.
Sure, the cell phone itself has a limited cost. But so does how much car they choose to drive, how much apt or house they choose to rent or buy, how much of their various entertainment options that they buy. Etc. IRL most of us sacrifice some things for other things, subject to our own priorities.

If health care coverage really mattered as much to people as the lefties say it does -more than these other things people buy - then we wouldn't have to fine them for making the choices we don't approve of.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Sure, the cell phone itself has a limited cost. But so does the car they choose to drive, the apt or house they choose to rent or buy, the entertainment options they exercise. Etc. IRL most of us sacrifice some things for other things.

If health care coverage really mattered as much to people as the lefties say it does -more than these other things people buy - then we wouldn't have to fine them for making the choices we don't approve of.
You are completely out of touch with how most Americans live.

It's weird because you are a huge nationalist.

Do you think that most people who don't have health insurance drive beemers? That's the norm?

The cost of health insurance is disproportional to how much most people earn.

Unless you think that people should literally just work to be able to afford health insurance and nothing else.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think people should have the right to buy whatever levels of coverage they want, including no coverage at all. And I think they should bear the full brunt of those decisions.

Your problem is that your preferences aren't viable unless you can take that choice away from those people. That's why you need the coercion - to accomplish that which you cannot sell.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Why did you quote me but not respond. It’s still the same yes or no question.

I made no living raising kids for longer than that. Learning starts at home.
It was a Boo Boo.
Learning starts with mastering the art of nipple suckling. aka building a relationship.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
No problemo. It wasn't any of my kids that required remediation. They were always a couple years ahead of their peers in reading skills.
ahhh okay whatever, you said you are planning on teaching your grandkid how to read. But whatever you do don't teach them comprehension because ahhh welll ...

• Love

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
ahhh okay whatever, you said you are planning on teaching your grandkid how to read. But whatever you do don't teach them comprehension because ahhh welll ...
Both my parents started out as public schoolteachers and my youngest son is married to a public schoolteacher (she's not woke, though). IMO that's one of the tougher jobs in our society at this point.

Like I said, my kids all ended up being a couple years ahead of the curve. Meaning, ahead of your students. Partly because of me.

• Haha

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
education is under attack from the left and the right.

It comes down to controlling labour costs and getting access to all the money that education requires..

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It was a Boo Boo.
Learning starts with mastering the art of nipple suckling. aka building a relationship.
So no personal experience raising kids.

That’s ok. I don’t have any experience living where/like/how you live.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think just supporting the legitimate role of the teacher and telling the helicopter parents to STFU would be a big improvement.
Getting along with the group is always part of the job description. That makes expecting the kids to conform to the house rules in a teacher's classroom a priority. In the event of a tie the decision should always go to the runner - the teacher.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Like I said, my kids all ended up being a couple years ahead of the curve. Meaning, ahead of your students. Partly because of me.
so much winning.

competing, racing, winners and losers, dominance and submission... = Rat Race
never found lasting satisfaction in it myself.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
so much winning.

competing, racing, winners and losers, dominance and submission... = Rat Race
never found lasting satisfaction in it myself.
competing, racing, winners and losers, dominance and submission... = Real life

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm pretty sure my views are much closer to yours than his, but at least GDaddy comes out and says it. Sooooo much dancing around the fundamentals.

There are a non-zero number of people who an objective cost-benefit analysis will tell you aren't worth keeping alive. Who has $5 on that sack?
it's not unlike the homelessness issue....for a certain portion of the population, the
question comes down to whether or not you want to allow this person to remain living