PPACA without the mandate

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
What can I say? I had a mommy AND a daddy, which means I know how to use a calculator. It also means my primary responsibilty is to my family, not to someone else's family. And vice versa.

As far as i'm concerned the superusers are a special interest group. If the State wants to provide for them then let the State run an assigned risk pool.
unfortunately, too much instruction was given on academics at the expense of nurturing. There is only so much time in the day and energy to give and many parents/teachers think they are different activities and can not coexist. Sad and so we have war.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I raised 5 kids in a Brady Bunch setup. I highly doubt you've even raised one through adolescence. Let's revisit the topic of parental priorities when you accrue some relevant experience.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
As far as I'm concerned the superusers are a special interest group. If the State wants to provide for them then let the State run an assigned risk pool.
35 states already tried this. It kind of sounds like tort reform. 40-something states have that.

I wish there had been a deep dive on the "let him die" in 2012 at the GOP debates and we had like a national ballot initiative to determine if health care is a human right or an earned privilege, and let the hospitals deny admission if the latter.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What can I say? I had a mommy AND a daddy, which means I know how to use a calculator. It also means my primary responsibilty is to my family, not to someone else's family. And vice versa.

As far as I'm concerned the superusers are a special interest group. If the State wants to provide for them then let the State run an assigned risk pool.
jesus...

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
One way or another it's a question we will eventually address. What's the extent of any social entitlement?

SS payments are scaled to the taxpayer's contributions - they're not equalized so that everyone gets the same check.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I raised 5 kids in a Brady Bunch setup. I highly doubt you've even raised one through adolescence. Let's revisit the topic of parental priorities when you accrue some relevant experience.
so every parent is a good one, like:

You have stated your narcissist tendencies over and over, so when you prove that you were a good parent, then we can talk. FYI, narcissists do not make a good parent.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm pretty sure my views are much closer to yours than his, but at least GDaddy comes out and says it. Sooooo much dancing around the fundamentals.

There are a non-zero number of people who an objective cost-benefit analysis will tell you aren't worth keeping alive. Who has $5 on that sack?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad

You have stated your narcissist tendencies over and over, so when you prove that you were a good parent, then we can talk. FYI, narcissists do not make a good parent.
My kids are all in LTRs and we function as a clan. My kids don't feel about me the way you feel about your parents.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Have you raised a child through adolescence in your home as the primary care giver? Anyone that ever has says it would matter.

How exactly would one go about proving they are a good parent? Asking for my offspringers so they can prove that they are good parents to the current and future grandchildren.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I'm pretty sure my views are much closer to yours than his, but at least GDaddy comes out and says it. Sooooo much dancing around the fundamentals.

There are a non-zero number of people who an objective cost-benefit analysis will tell you aren't worth keeping alive. Who has $5 on that sack?
I want to keep people alive and all; I just think that if it's an entitlement then it makes sense to define it's limitations - if any. If money really is no object like on the medical-miracle-of-the-week dramas on TV then it shouldn't be hard to sell the entitlement on that basis in public discourse and build public opinion to support it.

Fining people for not buying insurance isn't how you build public support, nor does it speak to the popular talking point that single payer or universal healthcare is the singular litmus test for most Americans. If it really was the big priority for people you wouldn't have to fine them for not buying in.

Even Obama publicly criticized the people who put their consumerism ahead of paying for their healthcare coverage. You got money for the cell phone and sneakers but you won't pay for coverage.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Have you raised a child through adolescence in your home as the primary care giver? Anyone that ever has says it would matter.

How exactly would one go about proving they are a good parent? Asking for my offspringers so they can prove that they are good parents to the current and future grandchildren.
nobody said it didn't matter, putting words in others mouths much.

he asserted he is/was a good parent many times, he needs to prove it. I have never made such claims.
If you too are such a good parent shouldn't you already have your answers and not consult professional opinions.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
In this case I was speaking to my priorities as a parent. You're the one who has imported your daddy issues into the discussion.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
nobody said it didn't matter, putting words in others mouths much.

he asserted he is/was a good parent many times, he needs to prove it. I have never made such claims.
If you too are such a good parent shouldn't you already have your answers and not consult professional opinions.
I asked you. Yes or no. I wasn’t aware that I was consulting you for a professional opinion. (If you intended that as a question)

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
well hopefully all children evolve further than their parents did and if so we can all declare victory.
Well, no divorces so far, so they're all that much further ahead than I started. And my 14-yr old granddaughter isn't growing up with SJW tendencies so that's looking pretty good so far. Ima teach the newest toddler addition to our clan how to share with others and how to read before he hits kindergarden. Because that's our plan - us grandparents on both sides - because my kids married good people - handle the daycare while the parents work. They aren't forced to farm it out to minimum wage workers at the Head Start program.

We make the sacrifices it takes to TCOB in my household because the unit is still the big priority even though they're out on their own now. You're going to be waiting a long damn time for our unit to break down because it's not happening while I'm sitting at the table.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
It was and still is a disaster. This is just an attempt to shift blame.

And anyone who wants “single payer” should go to the DMV in downtown Los Angeles and get a Real ID. See how long the process takes, how friendly and helpful the staff are.

Also consider people like Fecal (on both sides of the political spectrum) who absolutely believe that their political rivals shouldn’t even exist will be making decisions on whether or not your care will get approved.

And if you don‘t think that would happen you don’t have enough experience with government employees.
Why are you always taking the worst possible example? (VANAZULA)

Why LA DMV? Why not look at single payer health care system in every developed Western country in the world?

Why is DMV like that? Because of people like you who hate the government and don't want it to do anything.
You literally cheer for it to fail and than point finger at the failure.

Also, I don't have problem with "political rivals", I have problem with the far-right fringe that's sneaking policy into the white house.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Uhh Trump marched those policies in right through the front door because that's the platform he was elected on. It's how Trump won at the EC.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Well, no divorces so far, so they're all that much further ahead than I started. And my 14-yr old granddaughter isn't growing up with SJW tendencies so that's looking pretty good so far. Ima teach the newest toddler addition to our clan how to share with others and how to read before he hits kindergarden. Because that's our plan - us grandparents on both sides - because my kids married good people - handle the daycare while the parents work. They aren't forced to farm it out to minimum wage workers at the Head Start program.

We make the sacrifices it takes to TCOB in my household because the unit is still the big priority even though they're out on their own now. You're going to be waiting a long damn time for our unit to break down because it's not happening while I'm sitting at the table.
Yeah, it's really simple, everybody should just choose to get born into stable, educated, middle class families, preferably white, in a richest state in the richest country in the world and everything would be just great.

The douchebags who choose loser poor parents deserve to die.