Powder turns...

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Got out of skiing just as the wider, high sidecut skis came around, what a pleasure in deep powder compared to 200cm+ race skis
I still have my first pair up in the rafters, circa 1980s. Couple of straight sticks for sure.

Reactions: mundus
Sep 18, 2016
I bought a Korua Dart last season after google searching for the best surf style snowboards and stumbled on to their videos, which are all insane... bord is unbelievably surfy, 100% game changer. Planning on ordering their Cafe Racer to add to the quiver, but after this video, may be reconsidering.

Reactions: bruhdakine

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I bought a Korua Dart last season after google searching for the best surf style snowboards and stumbled on to their videos, which are all insane... bord is unbelievably surfy, 100% game changer. Planning on ordering their Cafe Racer to add to the quiver, but after this video, may be reconsidering.
If you’re looking to go fasterer and carve harder I’d go with your initial choice of Cafe Racer. If it’s another powder chaser you desire then yeah the egg does look sick. I’m mildly curious how a mid 140s cm round tail rides compared to a split tail.

But I would be very hard pressed to give up my 160cm aka the Death Mobile having discovered the empty groomers on the backside in addition to believing very strongly in the importance of carving as an early season training tool and necessary skill in general

Last edited:
Reactions: Maz and SpudBoy
Sep 18, 2016
If you’re looking to go fasterer and carve harder I’d go with your initial choice of Cafe Racer. If it’s another powder chaser you desire then yeah the egg does look sick. I’m mildly curious how a mid 140s cm round tail rides compared to a split tail.

But I would be very hard pressed to give up my 160cm aka the Death Mobile having discovered the empty groomers on the backside in addition to believing very strongly in the importance of carving as an early season training tool and necessary skill in general

You're right, definitely getting the Cafe Racer, was initially back and forth with that and the Dart. I have a size 12 foot, was looking for something wide enough. I happened to stumble on this thing I found dirt cheap on CL last season, same time I got the Dart, took surfing on snow to even another level. Powder and groomers, doesn't matter. Best bord I have ever ridden.

Attachments

Reactions: Chocki and Maz

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Best bord I have ever ridden.
If you’ve picked the right board for you/the right tool for the job/day, that’s what you should be saying.

With all the boards to choose from coupled with The Angry Snowboarder’s priceless and hilarious reviews, riding a “Meh” board is unacceptable

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
You're right, definitely getting the Cafe Racer, was initially back and forth with that and the Dart. I have a size 12 foot, was looking for something wide enough. I happened to stumble on this thing I found dirt cheap on CL last season, same time I got the Dart, took surfing on snow to even another level. Powder and groomers, doesn't matter. Best bord I have ever ridden.
What is this board? Gentem Superfish?

Sep 18, 2016
If you’ve picked the right board for you/the right tool for the job/day, that’s what you should be saying.

With all the boards to choose from coupled with The Angry Snowboarder’s priceless and hilarious reviews, riding a “Meh” board is unacceptable
Agreed. Love the angry dude, watched pretty much every one of his reviews before I bought the Korua.

Reactions: Chocki