Powder turns...

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Once again, MM gets the goods! A++ for both you and the rider.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Wow, that was amazing! Really awesome how you captured how the snow fans out from the rails like a disintegrating fractal. Really beautiful.

And I love seeing how little of the board was in contact with the snow on the groomed section. Very cool

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
MM working with Koura. Perfect match. That was so good! Thanks for sharing! Let us know if you are ever up in the PNW!

Reactions: bogusmedia

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Is there some new fangled equipment happening here or is this guy just a total shredder?
Incredible project. 10/10 would bang

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Excellent job capturing the feeling along with some sick riding.

But why so short???

Any plans for releasing more edits and/or future work with Korua?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
sick sh!t morgan.

snowboards have improved a lot in the last decade or so.

i wish i'd had one of these modern pow boards when I was living in Bend.

Reactions: bruhdakine

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
sick sh!t morgan.

snowboards have improved a lot in the last decade or so.

i wish i'd had one of these modern pow boards when I was living in Bend.
I snowboarded a lot in the mid-late 80s. Only on long (170-185cm) swallowtail boards with a healthy setback. Lots of beautiful boards around back then, but then snowboarding got lost.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I snowboarded a lot in the mid-late 80s. Only on long (170-185cm) swallowtail boards with a healthy setback. Lots of beautiful boards around back then, but then snowboarding got lost.
Yeah I feel ya. I nearly always rode my twin tip. I had a couple pow boards too though.They were fun in the deepest snow but the ones I tried were long, heavy and stiff and had too much camber. My brother has a quiver of modern boards that I can ride when I visit.They are so much better than the old pow boards I rode in my 20's. Better materials, flex, rocker, etc. I got a 149 pow board with a big fat nose a few years ago.. The thing is a blast. I think i'd go a little longer with more of a tail on my next one but still keep it under 160 for resort riding.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Yeah I feel ya. I nearly always rode my twin tip. I had a couple pow boards too though.They were fun in the deepest snow but the ones I tried were long, heavy and stiff and had too much camber. My brother has a quiver of modern boards that I can ride when I visit.They are so much better than the old pow boards I rode in my 20's. Better materials, flex, rocker, etc. I got a 149 pow board with a big fat nose a few years ago.. The thing is a blast. I think i'd go a little longer with more of a tail on my next one but still keep it under 160 for resort riding.
Having started riding again after a few decades off, I was blown away by how light everything was more than anything along with the performance of the Now Drive/Skatetech bindings.

There are so many good boards out there it’s not even funny especially coming from “rider/powder and carving focused“ companies. I saw a lot of funky fresh looking Koruas at the mtn on deep days.

Stocked for MM on the Korua collab and looking forward to future edits being released

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Got out of skiing just as the wider, high sidecut skis came around, what a pleasure in deep powder compared to 200cm+ race skis