Potential Move to Puerto Rico

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
I use to go there frequently, although I've only surfed there twice.

Do you like Latinas and getting shouted at by them in heated arguments? They are particularly good at that.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I use to go there frequently, although I've only surfed there twice.

Do you like Latinas and getting shouted at by them in heated arguments? They are particularly good at that.
I’ve been there many times and never experienced that phenomenon.

sounds like the issue is you.

some of the friendliest people I’ve ran into. My white ass was walking down a neighborhood red as a lobster shirtless and an old woman ran from down the street with aloe for me.

the people who get snapped at usually are the guilty ones for any kind of “heated argument”.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
I’ve been there many times and never experienced that phenomenon.

sounds like the issue is you.

some of the friendliest people I’ve ran into. My white ass was walking down a neighborhood red as a lobster shirtless and an old woman ran from down the street with aloe for me.

the people who get snapped at usually are the guilty ones for any kind of “heated argument”.
Puerto Ricans are a kind a generous people. This was also my experience.

Dating one is a different matter entirely. I was just pointing that out as potential pitfall of moving there. I can't be the only person who has experienced Latina wrath on this forum.

• Haha
Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

Dating one is a different matter entirely. I was just pointing that out as potential pitfall of moving there. I can't be the only person who has experienced Latina wrath on this forum.
So you were referring to a personal dating experience?

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
So you were referring to a personal dating experience?
Yup. I think there is a vast difference between dating a Latin Catholic and your average WASP. I was making what I thought was a light-hearted comment.

All thought in this world is opinion and perspective. This happens to be mine.

Let's just agree that Puerto Rico is a rad country with really nice people and leave it that.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site

Hahah a valid concern if I move there as I am single with no kids!

many other major pitfalls?

• Haha
Reactions: bigglesworth

surfer57

Michael Peterson status
Oct 5, 2007
NJ
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Move to Quebradillas, they can't wait to have you.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Move to Quebradillas, they can't wait to have you.
I actually watched that yesterday. Thw quebradillas thing is jacked. Who buys an apartment evicts the tenants to build a luxury club residence for Americans with 2 weeks notice? Not to mention he has millions in unpaid taxes to Rhode Island.

sounds like quite a few unsavory characters move down there to avoid paying taxes.

I plan to buy land and build not displace anyone there. But get the sentiment

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Hahah a valid concern if I move there as I am single with no kids!

many other major pitfalls?
Well, a lot of the local food delicacies are delicious but highly caloric. One of the few countries I’ve visited where I’ve put on weight.

I would also advise learning how to dance salsa and merengue; it’s a great skill to have in that culture. I found myself a bit left out at parties until I put in the effort and it paid off.

If you ever find yourself in San Juan, one of the best clubs I’ve ever been to is in one of the sketchiest parts of town (La Perla). Great dancing overlooking the ocean. I can track the name down for you if you make the move.

Even as I’m typing this I’m thinking you should go for it. Sure, there will be flat spells but you get to experience a completely different culture!

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Wish I would've taken advantage or the proximity to PR when we lived in FL. Kick myself now.
Want to go there still. Go for it...seems you have a good plan and good situation to make it happen.
Good luck!

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I am going to PR mid March for a friends wedding. Never been. Looking forward to it but I know its nothing like Huatulco. I expect crowds.

Have you considered Huatulco?

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
I am going to PR mid March for a friends wedding. Never been. Looking forward to it but I know its nothing like Huatulco. I expect crowds.

Have you considered Huatulco?

Ill be there just before you!

I am currently only considering PR really because of the fact I can qualify for a USDA or FHA loan, and likely keep my remote work arrangement as I my company has a PR division.

If i was self employed or had straight up extra money for living and didn't have to work id open up my options.

Reactions: gbg and MathDebater