Post your Foil Pics HERE

Mar 20, 2019
been thinking about these again. They’re all 37 inches wide. Is that wider than normal for a high aspect wing?
My axis 900b is a lil over 35, and the signature 210 is about 38in

Got a buddy who ordered the new lift 200. He heard it might show up this week, but he also heard it might not be here till July. I'll let you know once its here and I can give it a spin. Though I did get to see John John on it a few times, and what he was doing was pretty mind blowing! 20 min on foil, just doing laps around everyone else in the lineup.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Has anyone seen this issue? The wing is a Lift 200 Classic. I've got this weird line going down the fuselage lengthwise from the front wing to the back wing. Both sides of the Fuselage. The wing has also started to wobble side to side when installed on the mast. I'm just going to shim my mast for the time being til I decide what to do next.

Anyone have any reviews of the new cloud 9 wing? I like the idea of a 28 inch wingspan that turns amazing and still pumps rather than a 37 inch wingspan.

Mar 20, 2019
Got on the new lift 200 yesterday for a couple waves. Buddy had it too far back in the tracks, so I was having trouble keeping it up, but finally got a decent one, and once I moved my feet back a bunch was able to get it to go. Really fast, pumped well. I think I'd like it. He moved it forward in the tracks after we switched back, and said it went even better. I'm hoping I can try it again tonight and get a proper wave on it.

Reactions: grendel95 and Hdip

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Thanks bigmtnbill. Keep the reviews of that HA lift coming. How does it feel carving with such a wide wingspan? It's about 10 inches wider than the classic 200 I think. Do the wingtips breach on turns? Harder to roll over?

Mar 22, 2020
I managed to get a quick session despite working full time. The good part with foiling is you go out for 30 min, catch a couple combo ride and you are done.

I've been riding a 4'6 so a little bit longer than what I used to ride (4'2), it is interesting, obviously it paddles better but it is mostly the fact you have more board in front of you that makes a difference, feels more like shortboarding when you do a turn. But I wouldn't say I like it more, I like both so I guess I'm gonna keep riding both sizes back and fourth and I will see if I like one size instead another.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
I managed to get a quick session despite working full time. The good part with foiling is you go out for 30 min, catch a couple combo ride and you are done.

I've been riding a 4'6 so a little bit longer than what I used to ride (4'2), it is interesting, obviously it paddles better but it is mostly the fact you have more board in front of you that makes a difference, feels more like shortboarding when you do a turn. But I wouldn't say I like it more, I like both so I guess I'm gonna keep riding both sizes back and fourth and I will see if I like one size instead another.
I went the other way (4'6 to 4'2) and I like the smaller board for smaller waves as they are the same volume. In bigger surf (shoulder high haha) the little board feels a bit more out of control.

Reactions: ghostshaper

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
How can board size matter? Foilboards are 10 feet on the shoulder and doing cutbacks.

My garage-foil broke in two, before I could even get to my feet. I must find some better glue haha!

IP.jpg