Post your Foil Pics HERE

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
The fact that he surfed a wave the other guy couldn't even catch? I saw people complaining about that clip on instagram too. I don't really get it.

I've foiled with that guy at Little Dume. He's in total control. He literally surfed circles around a guy on a normal board. Not really sure what the issue is. Where would the paddle surfer have gone on that wave?

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Yesterday Kanaha. This is on a 2 for 1 where I had to pump out over 3 swells to pick this one up. It was pretty far out from where I kicked out of #1 and I almost ran outa gas getting to it. I've been outa the water for 3 weeks on vacation, the conditioning was all but lost. Coming back though.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Hdip said:
The fact that he surfed a wave the other guy couldn't even catch? I saw people complaining about that clip on instagram too. I don't really get it.

I've foiled with that guy at Little Dume. He's in total control. He literally surfed circles around a guy on a normal board. Not really sure what the issue is. Where would the paddle surfer have gone on that wave?
he may be in control but that was too close for comfort. i have family members that foil but they'll sit way inside of everyone paddling and try not to get close to people.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
stu dog said:
Hdip said:

he may be in control but that was too close for comfort. i have family members that foil but they'll sit way inside of everyone paddling and try not to get close to people.
must be tough foiling beach breaks, there's no 'sitting inside'. i'd say best go find find little closeouts and just do pump outs and get some swell runs. :shrug:

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
stu dog said:
Hdip said:

I think most foilers are actively trying to stay away from everybody else, that said Los Angeles surfing is it's own experience. I've seen spots in LA crowded and there aren't even waves breaking.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
no...no...noo...NO...thats some BUUUUUUULLLL$#!t...why you gotta act like that?!...circle the guy way Way WAY too close...coulda turned left and still got.the wave and let the guy run behind...that way you BOTH can have fun...what the FRIK?!!...

why you gotta be like that...thats exactly.why we loosing the privilege at malibu in the first place...

getting stoopid on a longboard...getting stoopid on a sup...getting stoopid on a foil...was just a matter of time...

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
http://instagr.am/p/Bq7x1V7hrCP/
The first wave or two is a good example of keeping the board in the water when first learning. Then you'll see an example of what happens when you breach the surface. Then you see an example of why you shouldn't try to over-correct the board and flip over the high side. :)

Dec 5, 2018
RWVBWL said:
Hdip said:
<snip~ie>
Who is that guy steamroller? He was crushing it this morning. Riding a 5'2" Gofoil Iwa wing. Big bushy beard and an accent.
That's probably Greg,
a French dude whose been diggin' some foilin' recently at the beaches of L.A.
Like seen here, cuttin' back, goin' left at a right point`break on a ripple of a swell
that noooo short~boarder, nor nary a long~boarder would ever even have a chance
to catch+ride when it raised its~self to it's full height before then dyin' out...

Photo:© MMXVIII Rwright
Get some!
:wave2:
Hi, yep that is me, Greg from France currently living in Los Angeles.
See you soon !

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Hi Greg. Good to meet ya. I’m the guy who was asking you about pumping and when you were walking up we were complaining at my car about how many cobblestones there are at Malibu. See you around I’m sure.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
gregfoil said:
Kaser1 said:
Todays pics at the harbor. Windy and fugly, perfect foil glass.

Nice, this wave looks so fun for foiling !!
There are 4 REALLY GOOD foil waves inside Kahului Harbor here on Maui. Anything under shoulder/head high is a ton of fun. I've had rides from the middle wave going left, pump out when it closes out, and connect back up with outside Harbor Lights wave and ride it to the Maui Beach Hotel.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Steamroller said:
is that the new 29.5 mast WITH the base plate extension?....ends up like a 32in or something?...overfoil that and you gonna slam HARRRRD
nah same 24 with 3.5 plate extension

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
The morning started at 6am, 59 degrees in the van.

First go was on the production Kalama prone 5'4" with front and back foot straps. Didn't get my foot in the back one but was able to get in front. The strap itself was digging into my chest so I only got a couple waves until I went in and took them off.

Then paddled out to the pack on the inside of the outside. As you could see, the outside was crackin, I went out there a couple times, but the drops were kinda nuts. Had more fun playing in the kiddie pool.

Backside launch off kilter, never a good idea... :roflmao:

Alex (Go Foil) was out, our last waves we picked off from the outside all the way to the beach. After surf he offered up his new prototype wing, lighter construction and a couple other changes. I'll post feedback and pics, if he say ok. :bowdown:

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
This weeks action in the harbor

Putting the back knee to the heel of front foot can only mean one thing, fighting the breach. Low and weight over front foot saves the day.

Think I've finally figured out the ollie air with the foil. Staying over the board and not trying to launch as high/hard as I can. Small little mini punts, coming down soft as to not bury the foil and board.