Post your Foil Pics HERE

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Ka'a was glassy and chest to overhead at times. Probably traveled over 10 miles, 1/3 of that was the paddles back out.

This one I'd just kicked out of the wave in front and pumping over to connect the next one. Definately leg day at the gym yesterday.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Steamroller said:
Foilsurf MALIBU!!!...

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWiImkcXN_g[/video]

Dunno why this changed, but it's a pain Steamroller. The old way of posting vids doesn't work. Go to youtube, under the video you want click on "share" then "embed" and get the code. Just put code in erBB post and below posting box change the "markup" drop down to "using HTML and UBBCode"

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Nice foilin' pix, Kaser1!!!
BTW, thanks for the YouTube embed tips, been wonderin' why, me~self too???
I also gotsta say that this ol' L.A. boy digs seein' Steamroller ridin' doubles in his 'bu vid!
YEA!
:jam_on:

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
RWVBWL said:
Nice foilin' pix, Kaser1!!!
BTW, thanks for the YouTube embed tips, been wonderin' why, me~self too???
I also gotsta say that this ol' L.A. boy digs seein' Steamroller ridin' doubles in his 'bu vid!
YEA!
Thanks RWVBWL
Yes agreed, stocked to see foil at small fat 'bu. Must be cherry pikens with all the beginners out trying to learn surf. :dancing:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA

I went looking for steamroller. Found Sarlo instead. That wave is so slow you have to pump even on a foil.

Critique my pump.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
yeah thanks for the advice kaser i couldnt figurr it out either...just said hell with it...

arent you coming socal soon?....if not ill be in kihei on friday...dawn patrol kaa ...be there or be square

Eeeeeyyy Hdip...you finally made it!...thats great...lookin good...in control...away from anybody else...doing your own thing...having fun....the way it should be...

.but enjoy it while it lasts most likely by next summer there will be rules in effect to ban all foiling at the bu...nobody got hit or even had any close calls this past 6 months because we have been on top of the situation policing ourselves.... but the super whiners have had their say....lawyers lawyers 10,000 lawyer out there....lots of letters and memos and what if ...what if ...what ifs running around....oh well it was only a matter of time

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Yikes. I’m guessing it was Andy who was out, went in shortly after I paddled out. Got there after the tide was already dropping due to school drop off. Then Sarlo went in after I’d been out about 40 minutes. So I went over to his takeoff spot and got that long one I posted. I figured they must know something I don’t and I went in too. Probably should’ve caught a couple more. My low tide hope didn’t break and I just drove around awhile and never went back out.

Considered trying sunset. But wasn’t sure if that was a low tide spot. Judging by the date of your posted pics from there I’m guessing it is and might’ve worked today. It was in the wrong direction though so I just cut my losses.

Can’t wait to see the city counsel meetings with Andy yelling coming up.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Steamroller said:
yeah thanks for the advice kaser i couldnt figurr it out either...just said hell with it...

arent you coming socal soon?....if not ill be in kihei on friday...dawn patrol kaa ...be there or be square

Eeeeeyyy Hdip...you finally made it!...thats great...lookin good...in control...away from anybody else...doing your own thing...having fun....the way it should be...

.but enjoy it while it lasts most likely by next summer there will be rules in effect to ban all foiling at the bu...nobody got hit or even had any close calls this past 6 months because we have been on top of the situation policing ourselves.... but the super whiners have had their say....lawyers lawyers 10,000 lawyer out there....lots of letters and memos and what if ...what if ...what ifs running around....oh well it was only a matter of time
going mainland for 3 weeks, catching red eye out tomorrow night.

have fun steamfoiler!!!!

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
You ever think you got a good wave, then go and find the surfline rewind footage and realize someone is foiling literal circles around you? Embarrassing.

Who is that guy steamroller? He was crushing it this morning. Riding a 4'2" Gofoil Iwa wing. Big bushy beard and an accent.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Leg day at the gym.

Yeah it's nothing to watch, but did you see the waves today? There were none. To prove that point when I paddled out at 1st point Malibu there was 1 guy out. at Malibu. 1 guy.

Look at what the other guy is doing. He's going fast and carving. I'm just working on going fast-ish.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Hiya Foiler's!
I'm gonna add a few recent surfpix here, ok? Yea!
1st photo is of Dialy, a big boy, on a bigger wave this past summer!

+
And below,
that's Mertin, just 1 more lil' L.A. wave, before darkness, please!

Photos:© MMXVIII Rwright
Happy Foilin', where~ever ya be!
:wave2:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Hdip said:
<snip~ie>
Who is that guy steamroller? He was crushing it this morning. Riding a 5'2" Gofoil Iwa wing. Big bushy beard and an accent.
That's probably Greg,
a French dude whose been diggin' some foilin' recently at the beaches of L.A.
Like seen here, cuttin' back, goin' left at a right point`break on a ripple of a swell
that noooo short~boarder, nor nary a long~boarder would ever even have a chance
to catch+ride when it raised its~self to it's full height before then dyin' out...

Photo:© MMXVIII Rwright
Get some!

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Yup, that looks like him. Super good. I didn't pull any clips of him, but he was getting 3 for 1 rides that were crazy.

Also nice job on actually quoting only the important part of the message. :)

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Nice shot of ya, Steamroller!

Here's 1 from L.A. today!

Lancelot, needin' 1 more ride before headin' back in to The City!
F's~1/100+5.6, Iso~2500, 400mm...
Photo:© MMXVIII Rwright