Post your Foil Pics HERE

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
so ah, i had just awoke from a nap, in my ol' Dodge truck, at thee beach,
loc' wind is howlin' outta thee SW right now, here in L.A. b4 the in~comin' storm{s} come ashore, tonight...
1 dude, Leland, is out, i think,
AK1J0023~ST.JPG
but another dude is out kitin', + rippin', on a looong~board! WTF?
Hmmmm, who that be, i ponder? Ah, oh wait, that has to be 'SteamRoller', kitin' though, no???
AK1J0033~ST.JPG

I grab thee dslr, shoot a few more surfpix,
f**ckin' dude is doin' some bottom turns in wind~blown L.A. slop that would make BK proud, ya dig?
Here are a coupla turns done in 18 seconds on thee 9th day of March in 2021!
AK1J0058~ST.JPG
+
AK1J0064~ST.JPG
+
AK1J0074~ST.JPG
+
AK1J0077~ST.JPG
havin' fun, rippin',
yep, yep, +yep!
:jamon:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Yeah that's Leland. Onsite Dr. for the pipe masters :) You forgot to mention that the water is low 50 degree's and it's super cold wind and Clinton's out in shorts. His 2nd session too I think. He was out at Topanga earlier in the day.

A couple other foil guys went out this afternoon too. Gladstone's to Bel Air Bay Club no problem.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
right on,
i did not know that Leland is an onsite doc,
he'd not told me of this, much propz!

thee water is indeed chilly,
i swam out in board~shorts early today, usin' 1 Viper swim~fin,
as i'd given thee other, to a cute UCLA co~ed, so that she might catch a wave on her lil' 'wave storm' body~board,
her smile, + that of the other 3 new surfer girlz, her pals, just learnin' to stand up, but allll in full~suits,
made it worth it, hahaha...
l8z, rw
:waving:

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
nice power surfin' there, pal!

Heya steamroller and you of LAFC,
be careful launchin' + leavin' your gear near thee Bel~Air Bay Cub,
i've seen this dude, name is Chris, aka "Stars" breaking into a car, rippin off Vons,
even have had to pull my knife on him before so he would back~off, have chatted with LAPD 'bout him,
so me + him, we are on a 1st name basis now, he luvs to talk sheee~it to me, flip me thee bird, hahaha,
he's wacked out of his mind at times, like this evenin':
LAPD WLA Division showed great restraint during this 20 some~odd minute ordeal that i vid'ed,
and they then just kicked him off the beach, let him go, he was last seen walkin towards Doggie~Town...
:crazy2:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
^^^^^
nice power surfin' there, pal!

Heya steamroller and you of LAFC,
be careful launchin' + leavin' your gear near thee Bel~Air Bay Cub,
i've seen this dude, name is Chris, aka "Stars" breaking into a car, rippin off Vons,

Thanks I’ll spread the word

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
so ah,
as i watched an L.A. surfer girlz car,
1 that she had placed its keys allll wrapped up in a towel on the beach,
that mysteriously disappeared, prob' due to some new knuckle-head druggie 'roundz here at a beach
where thefts used to occur toooo often, a beach where i like to try to watch for sharkz to mayb'z jump,
well BDC, he of Thee LAFC, paddled out, rode a couple on this Saturday afternoon in April of '21,
+ as i kinda dig bottom~turns + trimmin', ah, well dig these 3 surfpix for what they are!
Brad~01.JPG
+
Brad~02.JPG
+
Brad~03.JPG
l8z, randy

ps ~ thankz for the neighborhood watch goodies,
you know it'll help...
rw

Reactions: Hdip

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Anyone want to see what's going on up this way?

I end up falling way out to sea and having a nice cry as I paddle in when I attempt this.

Reactions: ghostshaper
Aug 28, 2020
Anyone want to see what's going on up this way?

I end up falling way out to sea and having a nice cry as I paddle in when I attempt this.
It’s really fun doing DWers with a wing. Fall off and you can get started again. I would love to progress to this level and have nothing in hand though. Small board, small foil and just ripping the chop and pumping between bumps. Yes please

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I can't even imagine how good of shape you have to be in order to do this.
There's two things involved. 1 is being in shape to stay on foil for 2 minutes. I end up dying out around a minute and a half to 2 minutes every time. But I'm not really winded at the end of it. Tired yes, but not winded if you do it right. 2: being willing to go outside far enough to get to more power and then be able to read 6 inch bumps to get the "updraft" that will push you onward to the next bump. When you go outside far enough and the conditions are good, you're just standing there. It's more mentally tough than it is physically tough they say.

I went with him on a run. He let me take off first so he could follow and coach. I just kept hearing from the distance "GO OUT FURTHER!" as he was catching up to me. Then after I fell I watched him fly by me on ripples and make the whole 3 mile run. It took me an hour and a half to shore run down to the end. My window's are around 2 PM at the latest and that's just when it's starting to go. He goes around 4:30 or later and I'm gonna tell myself it's better conditions then :)

They're trying to coordinate with @zaniac today and do Cabrillo to Belmont. He's gonna try prone unassisted if there's a chip in. He doesn't know how to SUP or Wing haha.