Post deleted by Scott Bass

girl_from_aus

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 28, 2002
Australia
i cannot even imagine having to go thru the grim task that families and friends have to go thru to find their loved ones. walking thru make shift morgues, with decomposing or horribly charred bodies, wading thru blood and guts up to your ankles, having to sort thru dozens of innocent peoples bodies, hoping with all your might that you dont find the body your looking for but also at the same time hoping that if your loved one has passed you do find their body so that you can bring them back and give them the funeral they deserve for all the joy and love they bought into your world. or having to give blood samples to get the DNA needed to identify your child whose body was burnt beyond recognition or was so maimed they have only found a limb at this stage. or even worse, you have prepared yourself as much as you can, for receiving your relative's body to take home, you have been told its a positive ID and feel as if you have had closure in some sort of way, then as your about to view it for the first time, it is opened up and you find it isnt them and now once again your thrown into turmoil and the task of looking again. i know it sounds gross and horrible, but hundreds of people are going thru this right NOW... and reading about it or seeing it on TV effects all of us but it doesnt even measure up to a 1/100th of the pain these people have been forced into by the seriously disturbed scum of the Earth. i hope karma comes back at them 10 fold.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Ah the irony......<P>The bombers probably killed the type of "westerners" most likely to be sympathetic to their cause.<P>For I believe most travellers are the type of person who wish to avoid/prevent strife and are open to other how other cultures work.

Jan 12, 2002
nep, I am ... speechless about the whole thing, when it was 9-11 im sure a lot of people around the world, thought "well they were just mad at america" thats what I thought as well, how wrong I was, how wrong I was, I was always a little bit resentful about this whole war on terrorism, thinking its going to drag out, and limit our freedoms, etc. etc. <P>how wrong I was, while I still hold true in my beliefs that the "war on terrorism" could be handled a bit better (even though I lend no suggestion on how to go about it.) and at first the war on terrorism seemed like the war on drugs, it will go on for ever, and it wont end..... I thought, and proboly many around the world thought that this was americas problem.....<P>my friend derek, lived in Newcastle,OZ he came to San Clemente for a semester, he was a surfer.... I got an email from him 3 weeks ago saying he was going to go to bali, and that he would be staying around the kuta beach area.... he should of been home already, I dont even want to post the email his parents sent to me, begging if I had heard from him...<P>they still have not heard a word...<BR>as for me...im still speechless.<P>please, some of what I wrote about the war on terrorism could differ from others opinions, I did not post this to start a flame war or troll(whatever that means), <P>you never know, you can be thousands of miles away and still feel the burn of the blast in bali....<P>derek. if my worst fears do come true, at least your not going to have to worry about crowds in the lineup... you will have your own slice of surfing heaven just for yourself... <P>my best wishes and prayers to the webster family, his son, and anyone else that has been affected by this pointless act of violence.. a soapbox could of got these jerks better results, at least i might listen to their plight if they went about it non-violently...<P>sorry for the rant, I still dont know if what I typed made sense.<P>

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
So, sorry about your friend cslide. Not much I can say but my prayers are with him and his family.