post a pic of yourself surfing

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
You have gloves on in the one pic?
this was the time surfer mag sent me and a few guys up to alaska to surf a zone before they sent parmenter up there for his ground breaking surf trip story... ok not really
kenson used to give us shop workers new products for nothing to try and drum up sales, those were called webs I think and jacked up my shoulders used em for 2 or 3 sessions,

Reactions: Watervalley

Rickoray

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2007
SOC CA
FARK! I forgot this place existed!

I talked to B5F a while ago... texted Haiku last week...

Heard we lost a good one!

Where did all the good times go?

Attachments

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You guys musta been so stoked when the film came back. Rad shot.
It’s a repost but the only one I ended up with
6F827ECB-3F54-46C0-85C7-AAB2018C216E.jpeg
It was three months and a shitload of grovel traveling before I got this back. Instamatic foto by the boogie man, June 1973. This and the next day pretty much ruined any aspirations my parents may have had for me turning out a citizen. I got tripped up a couple of times in the 47 years since then but only for the funds to keep it going.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
^^^^
That would be extremely horrible to get sucked back over the falls backwards on something like that.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Local photojournalist and widely published in -ing and -er back in the day, right?

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It’s a repost but the only one I ended up with
View attachment 93287
It was three months and a shitload of grovel traveling before I got this back. Instamatic foto by the boogie man, June 1973. This and the next day pretty much ruined any aspirations my parents may have had for me turning out a citizen. I got tripped up a couple of times in the 47 years since then but only for the funds to keep it going.
What I love most about old photos is how they bring back a memory of the surf. The actual photo may have been sh!t, but you can remember what you were riding, who you were with, what the sun was like, how long you surfed, what the wind was like, your best wave that day, etc. Non surfing photos don't do the same.