Possible move to Florida from CA

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Thanks Sharkbiscuit for the info - much appreciated - I would add that Florida has a killer reggae scene - seen some great local old school bands - the town has has a good vibe just no waves.
Lance-O the legend :jamon:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That’s an amazing expression

Copy pasted and will be plagiarized without hesitation, thank you:jamon:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In the land of closeouts at least we have this to look forward too...

Duval been clean but Indian River County showing good patches of seaweed, both in the water and washed up on the beach, in various states of sun-baked decay.

Feb 9, 2021
Moving can be tough, especially when it means leaving a place you love. I haven't personally made a cross-country move, but I do have a friend who moved from California to Florida for a job opportunity. From what they've told me, it was a big adjustment at first, but they've grown to really enjoy Florida and all it has to offer. It sounds like you have a tough decision to make. On the one hand, you have a potential dream job in Florida, but on the other hand, you really love California and don't want to move. Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons and decide what's best for you. If you do decide to make a move, my friend recommended looking into cross-country movers to help with the process. They said it made the transition much smoother and less stressful. Good luck with your decision, and I hope everything works out for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: INDTUBE

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Moving can be tough, especially when it means leaving a place you love. I haven't personally made a cross-country move, but I do have a friend who moved from California to Florida for a job opportunity. From what they've told me, it was a big adjustment at first, but they've grown to really enjoy Florida and all it has to offer. It sounds like you have a tough decision to make. On the one hand, you have a potential dream job in Florida, but on the other hand, you really love California and don't want to move. Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons and decide what's best for you.
Yeah - definitely a bot - based on his other 2 posts. But a human one? That's tougher to decipher. I lean towards yes bc bots earlier posts were from awhile back. So IND got bott'ed.

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
keep the camper. Plenty of awesome beachfront camping in N Florida - and you can drive in the beach at Anastasia and new Smyrna. You’ll have e much more use for it there than u think.
Well, someone hasn't been south in a while, no driving on beach at Anastasia . Some dummy ran over two girls. It's now a walk to undisclosed surf break you are probably thinking of. looong walk or bike there now my friend. But 100% still beach camping all over this area.
WELCOME TO FLORIDUH.
as the ole' erBB likes to call us. We are the same age. You made the right move.
You will have to drive a bit but good surf near there happens all the time. I recommend getting really good at the local buoys near you and finding those spots. Don't go to the most popular spots near there unless you are a really competitive surfer, the young guns are fairly aggro, plenty of off the beaten path spots near there you will find. You can surf almost every day, you just need a longboard in the quiver and not expect epic everyday. And if you're not good at surfing beachbreak closeouts in shallow water....you will be now :)
PR is a super easy trip and has all the surf you can handle. 2 hours flight....jetblue, about the time you finish the 2 nd cocktail you're there. Trust me, I've been going there for years and have literally wished for smaller surf on many occasions. It has anything you can want and probably a few spots you won't even think about paddling out at... Tres, Gas, T-rock, Looks like Hawaii when it's firing there. I was a hard pass on paddling out at those spots. All rights and way out of my comfort zone.
Plenty of less deadly places.
Cash is US so no prob there, no passport hassle. (insane fishing in PR)
Fishing here in FL is amazing too, if you like to fish it will be easier. I fish on the flat days and surf on the good days.....
usually intracoastal but you can fish off the beach. I would say find a good local guide and build a relationship. Been using the same one here for many years..... lot better than trying to find a good spot to fish. Pay a pro, learn where they are and how to fish them the correct way.

the Florida crew has chimed in here.....they know what's up. I don't disagree with anything the FL Crew said really.
what up Sharky! Glad to see you're still on here, been a while.

Peace and waves fellas!
thanks for the entertainment, needed a little laugh today.

-d

Last edited: