Port Aransas TX

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Yeah, I know...TX seems like an unlikely destination. I'm going to Austin for a week and thought about heading out to the ocean and taking a peek. Any thoughts on this unsurfy destination? Probably gonna check out NLand too. This is a non surf trip just yucking it up with friends in ATX for a few days.

Any advice is appreciated.

Belch

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I went out to Corpus for my brothers wedding many moons ago and surfed at Port Aransus, it was cool driving on the beach and the people were great. If you want to do some sports fishing or just need some advice my nephews are born and raised in that zone and have the fishing angle dialed in, also bars and fun stuff to do. Send em a message, they learned to surf here in Leucadia with me when they were groms.....
https://www.facebook.com/Reynolds-Fishing-Company-993907064110962/

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Go to Packery channel, or Bob Hall Pier. Port A is fun too but its likely smaller and less dumpy unless a hurricane comes in. Fish Pass (mustang island state park) is an ooollld jetty thats filled in that gets fun but its a bit more sharkey.

North side of packery has a slow outside and a fun inside. Bob Hall best spot but also gets blown out easily.
Fun bars in port A.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on going to the ocean in TX. Bagged that part of the trip and plan to stay in ATX with a side trip to NLand and Schlitterbahn.

Thanks for the advice anyways,

Belch