Population control: Can't touch this.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Just read today that 353,000 babies are born every day. Neither side of the political spectrum wants to touch the issue but at what point is mankind considered to be an infestation? We now have the means to occupy just about every corner this planet and nothing leaves an impact quite like we do. From the consumption of resources, the impact on species we share the world with to the pollution and waste we leave behind. Is there any version of us being better off as our population continues to explode?

"Our current world population is approximately 7.2 billion and growing. It passed the 7 billion mark in 2011. It is expected to reach between 8 to 10 billion by 2050."

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Just read today that 353,000 babies are born every day. Neither side of the political spectrum wants to touch the issue but at what point is mankind considered to be an infestation? We now have the means to occupy just about every corner this planet and nothing leaves an impact quite like we do. From the consumption of resources, the impact on species we share the world with to the pollution and waste we leave behind. Is there any version of us being better off as our population continues to explode?

"Our current world population is approximately 7.2 billion and growing. It passed the 7 billion mark in 2011. It is expected to reach between 8 to 10 billion by 2050."
This is 100% the biggest issue. Not carbon emissions or anything else

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
We are way past the infestation level.

Nature has a way of bringing out of control populations back into balance.

Can we say pandemic?

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
They say the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 killed somewhere between 20 and 50 million people.

And that was without modern air transportation and a far less dense population.

We have better medical care now, obviously, but...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They say the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 killed somewhere between 20 and 50 million people.

And that was without modern air transportation and a far less dense population.

We have better medical care now, obviously, but...
But if you are lucky and live, think of the thinned lineups!

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
But if you are lucky and live, think of the thinned lineups!
I suppose. Our age is probably working against us re that. My grandfather supposedly caught it and lived. That was after making it through the trenches in WW1. Plus he survived being mustard gassed. I don't know that I have that kind of grit.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, I might have just dreamed this but I was thinking that at 60 and in ok health you are set because you have an experienced immune system.

As I said, I might have just imagined this.

It's not about you. It's your ANS and your immune system. They might have more spunk than you realize.

And what it lack in youthful exuberance, they makes up for in guile.

Reactions: GWS_2

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I thought it was funny how he said Keen-ya

and then the other guy said Ken-ya

and then Keen-ya guy went for it one more time and then relented.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country

In what years was the human population optimal?