Polo Ralph Lauren for Surfers

tbuc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2006
I can't see surfers young or old wanting to wear the new Polo stuff. And that they're advertising here seems pretty misguided.

As far as the skinny jeans and rolled up legs, uh no.

Reactions: mundus

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I always liked the Polo shirts though could not afford them as a kid. I love madras shorts and pants, used to have many pairs of Gotcha! (remember those?) madras, which somehow I could afford. Must have bought them on sale. I could afford whatever was at Marshall's or later, Ross. And army surplus and thrift shops, of course.

I still wear skinny pants, but then I have been having my pants tailored this way since I was 15, which was 1987. My body is hella stupid and I don't look good in baggy, and I've always liked the 60s/mod look, the way it was done in the US-80s especially.

90s style is absolutely awful.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Things I've said, more or less, to try to help out the nieces and nephews that are germane to this thread:

1 Do not confuse style with fashion
2 Fit is more important than accessories
3 Try to be more interesting than your clothes (and your 'stuff')
4 If you have a good body, you can get away with more goofy clothes
5 Don't wear flairs or bell-bottoms when playing basketball during recess, trust me on this.
6 Young people tend to move often, having fewer clothes makes it easier to move
7 People will remember you easier if you wear the same thing often; this can be good or bad
8 Comfy shoes are under-rated, and don't think of wearing slaps or ill-fitting shoes/boots on our hikes this summer

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i fully concede that i have no fashion sense, never will, don't care, and will likely spend the rest of my days in some combination of tee shirts, tank tops, baggies, shorts and jeans. and i actually prefer white tee shirts over any color. so be it.

Reactions: Kento and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I used to wear Polo clothes but this new line is ugly as sin, who ever designed it missed the mark by miles IMO

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
The one picture with the four guys is straight out of "The Preppy Handbook", the early 80's was when I saw my sister's copy and most high school kids at the time loosely adhered to that style around here anyway. There was also rockers punks surfers skaters, farmers and others but preppy was it for a while, just like those guys.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Worst male fashion trend ever.
you should see his fkn haircut

my oldest son pierced his ears...I got to do one which provided some satisfaction

I told both of them, do whatever and wear whatever you want, but I'm taking a fkton of photos and I'll be at your goddamned wedding WITH ALL THE FKN RECEIPTS

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and QuadFin