Political Meme Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
the primary beneficiary of partial student loan forgiveness, in the long run, will the universities that will raise their prices to soak up the increased debt load that students are willing to take on due to the moral hazard generated by the forgiveness program

i'd prefer to raise my state taxes to fund a free public university for residents that adjusts admission standards by major over time such that in the long run they achieve an 80% employment of graduates in a job in my state related to their major

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, I kind of lose the track when our government is paying them off via taxes. That's bullshit - I'd rather say to the banks/lenders to eat the loans or as you suggested, restructure. Maybe apply paid (high) interest towards remaining balance too.

And yes, a lot of these people consume like hell, which also has driven up our inflation. And don't forget the Wavestorms. Bastards. One percentage point extra for each bad purchase category.
Student loan forgiveness is just a bank bailout with lipstick on it.

Some people are so easily fooled.

Reactions: PRCD

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Some 23 year old with 80K debt now has 60K debt. That's a good thing. They will be sooner on their way to car ownership, marriage, home ownership, etc... Their parents will be able to sell and downsize and travel more.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Some 23 year old with 80K debt now has 60K debt. That's a good thing. They will be sooner on their way to car ownership, marriage, home ownership, etc... Their parents will be able to sell and downsize and travel more.
There is nothing good about this. That 23 YO should have never gotten themselves in $80K of debt (nor should they have been allowed to in the first place). Their parents were either stupid or not engaged. The banks and universities are at fault too. If your chosen major did not prepare you to earn enough $$$$ to pay back the loan you took out to get your degree, that's your fault not mine and I shouldn't be penalized for your situation.

It is not the tax paying publics responsibility to let the 23YO off the hook for their very bad decision making. Maybe teach basic econ in HS so these dolts don't get into this mess.

As I noted above, I'm all for restructuring of the loans to make it easier for the debtor to pay it back but forgiveness, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.