Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Obama Gives Political Ambassadors Their Pink Slips
By Glenn Kessler
The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.
The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week.
Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees.
Most ambassadors, of course, are foreign service officers, but often the posts involving the most important bilateral relations (such as with Great Britain, Japan and India) or desirable locales (such as the Bahamas) are given to close friends and well-heeled contributors of the president.
By Web Politics Editor | December 3, 2008; 10:04 AM ET

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
By Glenn Kessler
The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.
The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week.
Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees.
Most ambassadors, of course, are foreign service officers, but often the posts involving the most important bilateral relations (such as with Great Britain, Japan and India) or desirable locales (such as the Bahamas) are given to close friends and well-heeled contributors of the president.
Which of his picks ended up mired in corruption scandals?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
By Glenn Kessler
Learn to meme grandpa!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
By Glenn Kessler
sweet red herring!

are we betting?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
sweet red herring!

are we betting?
OK. Now that a date has been set for initial DOJ testimony by Horowitz on Dec 11, I can get a rough idea on a timelime milestone for the bet.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/justice-department-michael-horowitz-inspector-general-senate-testify-lindsey-graham

How about at least one prosecution by June 30, 2020? Could be more, but one is all I need, right? How much? $50 again? I feel bad taking your money again, but whatevah's.

Looks like Carter Page's time has finally come, but not in the way the Dems had planned back in 2016.:LOL:

May need to repost this on the impeachment post, but here it is.

Maybe an *** Official FISA Warrant Investigation *** sticky post might be needed?

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
OK. Now that a date has been set for initial DOJ testimony by Horowitz on Dec 11, I can get a rough idea on a timelime milestone for the bet.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/justice-department-michael-horowitz-inspector-general-senate-testify-lindsey-graham

How about at least one prosecution by June 30, 2020? Could be more, but one is all I need, right? How much? $50 again? I feel bad taking your money again, but whatevah's.

Looks like Carter Page's time has finally come, but not in the way the Dems had planned back in 2016.:LOL:

May need to repost this on the impeachment post, but here it is.

Maybe an *** Official FISA Warrant Investigation *** sticky post might be needed?
I'd only request one minor clarification, let's call it a "conviction"...meaning, a firm
ruling by June 30, 2020

if you're cool with that minor clarification, then bet accepted, sir!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I'd only request one minor clarification, let's call it a "conviction"...meaning, a firm
ruling by June 30, 2020

if you're cool with that minor clarification, then bet accepted, sir!
OK, but a conviction might take a bit longer to finalize. How say we move the date to Sept. 30, 2020, then?

If that works, we're on.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
OK, but a conviction might take a bit longer to finalize. How say we move the date to Sept. 30, 2020, then?

If that works, we're on.
how do you define prosecution?

(I'm not trying to be tedious, promise)

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
how do you define prosecution?

(I'm not trying to be tedious, promise)
name some names....

maybe a good bet is that Durham investigation yields no prosecutions?

I would put $50 on that one
I had to go back a week to dig up the original premise of the bet.

It seems you were doubting prosecutions at the time? Now that it looks like that's happening, time to move the goal posts to convictions?

Do we stick with the original bet, or move the goal posts?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I had to go back a week to dig up the original premise of the bet.

It seems you were doubting prosecutions at the time? Now that it looks like that's happening, time to move the goal posts to convictions?

Do we stick with the original bet, or move the goal posts?
I don't see why you're being combative, I'm simply asking for clarification.

"prosecutions" is nebulous....a conviction means a charge and a guilty verdict
which is really what the spirit of the bet is about.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
HUGE difference between prosecution and conviction.

You stated "yield no prosecution" coming out of this and it would be a good bet.

Who's being combative here?

One has to happen first before the other. Prosecution was completely doubted by you one week ago.

I get the feeling you thought Durham was fake news or something?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
HUGE difference between prosecution and conviction.

You stated "yield no prosecution" coming out of this and it would be a good bet.

Who's being combative here?

One has to happen first before the other. Prosecution was completely doubted by you one week ago.

I get the feeling you thought Durham was fake news or something?
you're logic can be applied to you as well....

you don't have confidence that this will yield convictions?

a very interesting change of tone for someone who's heretofore been
quite confident that all these people are going to go down...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So the real bet would be conviction.

These A holes will fvck it up.

It's all a distraction from trumps criminality.

I can't believe how horrible Barr is.

He's been biding his time till he can be horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.