Political Meme Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
[img:center]http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/mpattavina1/98165C8C-2ADA-446A-AE62-1F21C7D87E11_zps3mtumgvs.jpg[/img]

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Do you guys have a MEME showing how Obama took office during the deepest financial crisis in recent history, and turned it around making the US the strongest economy in the world once again? What a loser right?

Sorry, I don't get the hate towards Obama... US is doing great while the world is in the shitter, I guess people just have too much free time to criticize. Carry on.

Reactions: potato-nator

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
brukuns said:
Do you guys have a MEME showing how Obama took office during the deepest financial crisis in recent history, and turned it around making the US the strongest economy in the world once again? What a loser right?

Sorry, I don't get the hate towards Obama... US is doing great while the world is in the shitter, I guess people just have too much free time to criticize. Carry on.
Name one policy that Obama initiated that pulled us out of the "deepest financial crisis in recent history" that wasn't already in place by the time he took office?

He just had to not mess up what was already in motion. This is the weakest recovery in modern times, since WWII. Obamacare (along with other useless gimmick policies, i.e. cash for clunkers, shovel ready jobs, green jobs, etc;) is dragging the anchor on what should be a booming economic recovery by now.

Why are interest rates still at 0% if our economy is going so gangbusters? We've been "warned" of rising interest rates coming because of a "supposed" booming economy for almost 3 years or more now. Always some lame excuse not to, because of this weakness, or that weakness. More people not working. More people collecting food stamps, and in poverty, than many decades prior. Many more have to work 2 part time jobs (or more) just to get by.

I guess all those new jobs count up well, specially when so many are working 2 of them (for less than a one did 8 years ago).

Ya, we're in a "strong" economy alright. :rolleyes: Strong, maybe compared to the 3rd world. There's probably at least a few with more growth than we've had the last 6 years.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Surfdog said:
brukuns said:

Name one policy that Obama initiated that pulled us out of the "deepest financial crisis in recent history" that wasn't already in place by the time he took office?

He just had to not mess up what was already in motion. This is the weakest recovery in modern times, since WWII. Obamacare (along with other useless gimmick policies, i.e. cash for clunkers, shovel ready jobs, green jobs, etc;) is dragging the anchor on what should be a booming economic recovery by now.

Why are interest rates still at 0% if our economy is going so gangbusters? We've been "warned" of rising interest rates coming because of a "supposed" booming economy for almost 3 years or more now. Always some lame excuse not to, because of this weakness, or that weakness. More people not working. More people collecting food stamps, and in poverty, than many decades prior. Many more have to work 2 part time jobs (or more) just to get by.

I guess all those new jobs count up well, specially when so many are working 2 of them (for less than a one did 8 years ago).

Ya, we're in a "strong" economy alright. :rolleyes: Strong, maybe compared to the 3rd world. There's probably at least a few with more growth than we've had the last 6 years.
I'm not getting into an argument because I don't have enough information (not living in the US and not watching US news and all). But, in my humble opinion, which you shouldn't take personally, I think you guys are complaining with a full belly (do you guys have they saying?)

I think that your country is doing so well, that everyone else also wants to go to America. That's what scares you (and many others), and that's what strengthens crazy lunatics like Trump.

But than again, take my opinion with a grain of salt, this is not my country.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
brukuns said:
Surfdog said:
brukuns said:

I'm not getting into an argument because I don't have enough information (not living in the US and not watching US news and all). But, in my humble opinion, which you shouldn't take personally, I think you guys are complaining with a full belly (do you guys have they saying?)

I think that your country is doing so well, that everyone else also wants to go to America. That's what scares you (and many others), and that's what strengthens crazy lunatics like Trump.

Fair enough. But what I don't think you're seeing from the outside looking in, is how this Obama administration wants use the policies of these failed and "not doing so hot" economically countries, thinking it will make things "equal" for all. That's NOT what made this country the "go to" country of the world.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Surfdog said:
brukuns said:
Surfdog said:
brukuns said:

Fair enough. But what I don't think you're seeing from the outside looking in, is how this Obama administration wants use the policies of these failed and "not doing so hot" economically countries, thinking it will make things "equal" for all. That's NOT what made this country the "go to" country of the world.
I can see that. But (again) in my opinion, people blow this out of proportion. The way people tell it, it's like Obama is turning the USA into a communist country. In my eyes he is just making sure that less favored people are getting their basic rights, tipping the scale if you will. I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to go any further.

But I can relate to your worry, I have a similar complaint here in Brazil. The government seems more worried about giving fish to those in need than fishing poles and fishing skills. The difference is that voting in Brazil is mandatory, so they pretty much win elections with these tactics. Fvck, our president supports Nicolás Maduro from Venezuela, that's a huge no no!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Surfdog said:
brukuns said:

You're right. Dubya totally saved us from the ticking time bomb that Clinton left us with 8yrs earlier. What a fbcking hero!!! :rolleyes:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
[img:center]http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/mpattavina1/738A6012-6194-4EEF-A4A1-218712A47962_zpsswphndlu.jpg[/img]

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
[img:center]http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/mpattavina1/46830302-9F06-4995-818B-C12D909B35EE_zpscqemds09.jpg[/img]

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002

brukuns said:

:shrug: can any one find and post a MEME for this?
"Republicans are Mad Because Obama is the President They Wished George W. Bush Had Been "

It’s no secret that the vast majority of Republicans absolutely loathe President Obama. While some of it has to do with racism (especially among the tea party ranks), a lot of it stems from their jealousy of his presidency. George W. Bush is going to go down as one of the most disastrous presidents in our nation’s history. Following his exit from the White House, he basically had one last shot at redemption: a peaceful and stable Iraq. Well, with the rise of ISIS – due in large part to the Iraq War destabilizing the entire region – that “dream” is over. Not only is Iraq plagued with horrific violence right now, but much of the Middle East has been engulfed in utter chaos because of the destabilization of the region following Bush’s war. But even going beyond Bush’s failures internationally, his economic polices were an epic disaster here at home. Near the beginning of his presidency he professed that his tax cuts would balance the budget within a decade; instead, they nearly doubled our national debt during his eight years and his policies sent this country toward the worst economic recession in nearly a century. Enter President Obama six years ago. Obama was tasked with the unenviable task of becoming president in the middle of a complete economic meltdown, two wars and a country spiraling out of control. And despite what you might hear from the GOP, Fox News or the rest of the conservative media, this president has been one of the most successful in our nation’s history. That fact really ticks off Republicans because they’ve done just about everything they can to sabotage his presidency, yet they’ve failed at nearly every turn. Not only that, but he’s done things that Bush could have only dreamed of doing. In just six years, coming off the worst recession since the Great Depression, President Obama has already created more jobs than Bush did during his entire eight years in Washington. He also created more jobs in 2014 than Bush did during any year he was in office. On top of job growth and economic recovery, President Obama has been infinitely more successful than Bush when it comes to international affairs. It took Obama two years to do what Bush couldn’t do in nearly eight – that is, order the successful killing of Osama bin Ladin. History will always show that Barack Obama was president when the world’s most wanted terrorist was found and killed, and Republicans can’t stand to think about that fact. Then even when you look at this nuclear deal with Iran, it’s something Republicans want no part of – because their ideology really isn’t advanced enough to even fathom using diplomacy to try to avoid war. To Republicans, Iran is nothing more than a war they’ve yet to fight. When it comes to matters such as these, the only “answer” they typically have is “let’s start a war.” The Iraq War was a perfect example. Sure, it was easy to send troops to the region, invade the country and remove Saddam Hussein from power – but then what? Well, the Bush administration clearly didn’t have a clue. Part of their selling point for the war was that it would be over in a matter of months. We even saw the embarrassing spectacle of Bush landing on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit declaring “mission accomplished” just a few weeks after the war began. The truth is, they had no idea what they were doing, how to handle it or any sort of exit strategy once the entire mess was started. Could you imagine if President Obama did that exact same thing? Hell, the conservative media flips out if he doesn’t salute Marines properly; imagine if he landed on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit prior to over 4,000 American eventually dying in a war that he promised would only last a few weeks. But because he’s exhausting diplomatic efforts with Iran (along with many of our allies) to avoid another disaster like the one Bush caused, Republicans are up in arms, using all sorts of “this will lead to the end of our great nation” ridiculous rhetoric. Basically because the conservative vision for our future is so simplistic and small, they can’t grasp the “bigger picture” that President Obama sees. All the while, he’s taken a strong stance on Israel to show that we won’t let another nation dictate to us what we will or won’t do with our foreign policy – something Republicans seem far too spineless to ever do. It’s not that President Obama isn’t loyal to our ally, but it’s possible to be loyal to a nation while still thinking that nation’s leader is pompous ass who’s trying to have proxy control over your international affairs. Though when you look at how Republicans have behaved these last few weeks concerning Israel, one has to wonder, to what country do they really pledge their loyalty? I’ve never seen a time in our history where an entire political party showed more respect to a foreign leader than they do to our own president. But the bottom line is, President Obama has owned Republicans his entire time in office. Despite their best efforts, our economy has still grown and our unemployment continues to fall. In nearly every major legislative battle, from the government shutdown; to the Affordable Care Act; to the Keystone XL pipeline; to raising taxes on the rich; to the debt ceiling; and even funding for the Department of Homeland Security – Obama has won every battle. This president will go down as one of the most accomplished in our nation’s history, and that fact drives Republicans crazy. So, while Republicans will undoubtedly always hate Barack Obama, deep down many are just jealous. He’s what they wished George W. Bush could have been, but never was – a successful president.

Status
Not open for further replies.