Political Meme Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Actually 2 years now. Spring started early this year compared to last - pity. But the preceding fall/winter more than made up for it with waves better than pretty much anything SoCal has offered anywhere in the last 30+ years (90s Star Bar excepted) with generally no more than a handful of people spread out.

Your parameters really aren't that different from mine. It's just a matter of prioritization and commitment, knowing when conditions are good, and to surf not even once up here is hard to wrap one's head around (it sounds like you were fleeing). It's like people who move to Summit County, CO and don't ski/snowboard. Winds are fickle but waves are almost always holding day in day out, maybe too much so at times. On weekends, go early, come back early, and you have the whole rest of the day. Or during the week when you know it's going to be good, take a couple hours off work in the morning, dawn patrol, and be back by 9. Not hard and you can do same on weekends;. You're driving same timeframes if not longer in SoCal to get waves; I regularly drove the hour to Oxnard most of my surfing life so doesn't faze me. Drive is much nicer up here too. Redwoods > Concrete.

No traffic, lots of good Mexican food, chill vibes, kids are thriving, generally cooler weather, insanely better surf, closer snowboarding, less stress, yeah, it's one of the better decisions of my life. There's downsides to be sure but they don't even scrape the upsides.
Let me just check my calendar and talk to my broker

Status
Not open for further replies.