Poast your strenf training program

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Wait a minute. We learned on the erbb that if you strength train you can't be athletic.

Technique would have added 30 pounds to his deadlift alone. He must have bought the Donald Trump Jr Guide to Deadlifting E-book.

The weird thing is at 38 he has the body of a 60 year old.....his skin has that loose and saggy look. I wonder if that's from years of poor diet which can get your hormones out of wack. He also has that turtle shell abs look going which are a hallmark of certain "supplements".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PRCD and grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
@Chocki I see you're back with these enstupifying derails. When your sport tells to to be 5'10" and 130 lbs something is wrong.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
@Ifallalot you still hitting pads?
I've only been hitting the bag at the local Wal-Gym

There's a couple MMA gyms close to home that I just can't find the time to join yet with kids' sports. The kickboxing sparring class time is right in the middle of baseball practice that I help out with. Its the same time at both

There's a really good Muay Thai gym close to work that even has a lunch session but I figure it would take about 2 hours out of the middle of every day which I'm not trying to do

It's a bunch of excuses but there's only going to be a couple more years where I can help out the kids with ball; my son is basically past my skills but I'm good at organizing lineups and pitching/catching staff so I'm a perfect graybeard bench coach

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I've only been hitting the bag at the local Wal-Gym

There's a couple MMA gyms close to home that I just can't find the time to join yet with kids' sports. The kickboxing sparring class time is right in the middle of baseball practice that I help out with. Its the same time at both

There's a really good Muay Thai gym close to work that even has a lunch session but I figure it would take about 2 hours out of the middle of every day which I'm not trying to do

It's a bunch of excuses but there's only going to be a couple more years where I can help out the kids with ball; my son is basically past my skills but I'm good at organizing lineups and pitching/catching staff so I'm a perfect graybeard bench coach
naw the kid atuff is priceless bud :cheers: No excuse there.

trying To get back into it myself. Rolled with some friends the other night , and gonna start training with my buddy who is a high level Boxing trainer. Should be fun as he tries to kill me with cardio jajaja

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Wait a minute. We learned on the erbb that if you strength train you can't be athletic.

Technique would have added 30 pounds to his deadlift alone. He must have bought the Donald Trump Jr Guide to Deadlifting E-book.

The weird thing is at 38 he has the body of a 60 year old.....his skin has that loose and saggy look. I wonder if that's from years of poor diet which can get your hormones out of wack. He also has that turtle shell abs look going which are a hallmark of certain "supplements".
Is carrying two 62 pound jugs of water 6.3 miles, and up 5000 feet, strength or endurance?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Is carrying two 62 pound jugs of water 6.3 miles, and up 5000 feet, strength or endurance?
Neither or is both? Any way IMO it’s Work Capacity.
“Work capacity can be described as the maximal contribution of anaerobic and aerobic energy systems to administer force over a given distance in a specified time. Anaerobic capacity is most commonly reported in terms of peak power output, whereas aerobic capacity is usually expressed in terms of peak oxygen consumption.”

And he chopped a cord of wood before carrying the water.

1638417089882.jpeg

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Endurance.....and useless for anything I can think of unless you live on a mountain with no water or mode of transportation.

I got a cord of white oak delivered last Saturday. They stacked it for an additional 50 bucks. Then I went into the house and had a glass of water. I have high work capacity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sharky

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
naw the kid atuff is priceless bud :cheers: No excuse there.

trying To get back into it myself. Rolled with some friends the other night , and gonna start training with my buddy who is a high level Boxing trainer. Should be fun as he tries to kill me with cardio jajaja
One of the guys I could never beat wrestling in high school until he moved to Ohio to finish high school just became partners with the owner of a local grappling / MMA gym. I haven't wrestled since high school. We kept in touch over the years and he invited me over. Last week I took my 13 year old kid who's been training BJJ for about 5 years for one of the grappling classes. He was shocked at the difference in tone and tempo of the training and really frustrated with dealing with guys who do nothing but shoot and control with their hips. He hasn't trained a lot of no-gi so it was totally foreign to him....it was cool to watch him try and figure it out and had a little success once he started going for their arms. The first night I was smoked...I had forgotten what it was like to be going full speed for an hour. He's hooked and it's pretty cool that we get to do this together.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Endurance.....and useless for anything I can think of unless you live on a mountain with no water or mode of transportation.

I got a cord of white oak delivered last Saturday. They stacked it for an additional 50 bucks. Then I went into the house and had a class of water. I have high work capacity.
Where are you living now?

CA?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

I got a cord of white oak delivered last Saturday. They stacked it for an additional 50 bucks. Then I went into the house and had a class of water. I have high work capacity.
To each their own. I’m going to have ”Doug the wood guy” deliver a couple of cords, unsplit. Like everything, it’s all about the right tools for the job. Eye pro natch(sunglasses count), steel toe boots and a splitting maul not an axe.
1638465646708.jpeg

“My daily activities are not unusual,
I’m just naturally in harmony with them.
Grasping nothing, discarding nothing.
In every place there’s no hindrance, no conflict.
My supernatural power and marvelous activity:
Drawing water and chopping wood.”

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Where are you living now?

CA?
This was at the California house....which is my "residence' because the kids are in school here. Daughter is off to college next year and my son is good where ever so it's decision time. I will say this is the last time my "residence' will be in a blue state at least until I'm retired, liquidate in a blue state and my taxable income is near nil. With the brazen robberies and killings now creeping into good neighborhoods I'm running out of excuses to stay. How long can you make excuses for nice weather.

Reactions: Havoc and Ifallalot

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
This was at the California house....which is my "residence' because the kids are in school here. Daughter is off to college next year and my son is good where ever so it's decision time. I will say this is the last time my "residence' will be in a blue state at least until I'm retired, liquidate in a blue state and my taxable income is near nil. With the brazen robberies and killings now creeping into good neighborhoods I'm running out of excuses to stay. How long can you make excuses for nice weather.
Are you going to give up surfing? I guess Florida and the Gulf have their good days...

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Florida has proximity to a lot of really good places to visit and the plan is to still have a place in Hawaii.

I don't surf in CA unless its good nowadays. Just can't bring myself to surfing in a crowd with cold water if it's mediocre.
I can almost always avoid a crowd. Good waves are relative. I don't mind the cold.
If I didn't have the surfing bug I'd move to the mountains or desert somewhere...maybe Utah.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
One of the guys I could never beat wrestling in high school until he moved to Ohio to finish high school just became partners with the owner of a local grappling / MMA gym. I haven't wrestled since high school. We kept in touch over the years and he invited me over. Last week I took my 13 year old kid who's been training BJJ for about 5 years for one of the grappling classes. He was shocked at the difference in tone and tempo of the training and really frustrated with dealing with guys who do nothing but shoot and control with their hips. He hasn't trained a lot of no-gi so it was totally foreign to him....it was cool to watch him try and figure it out and had a little success once he started going for their arms. The first night I was smoked...I had forgotten what it was like to be going full speed for an hour. He's hooked and it's pretty cool that we get to do this together.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't really see the killings and robberies in OC where I work or N county where I live, and I live in the ghetto by the sea.

But I am poor and the criminals probably feel sorry for me. Or figure my stuff aint worth sh!t.

I would like to go somewhere less crowded when I retire.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars