Poast your strenf training program

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I notice at commercial gyms the girls and the guys get dolled up and wear costumes.

The gym I went to many a moons ago, it was frowned up if you wore a tank top.

Everyone wore t-shirts or sweat shirts. No cutting off of the sleves.

Lots of guys on steroids.

That was a long time ago.

Now it's like a night club.

All the girls showing off what they got.

Reactions: Havoc

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I notice at commercial gyms the girls and the guys get dolled up and wear costumes.

The gym I went to many a moons ago, it was frowned up if you wore a tank top.

Everyone wore t-shirts or sweat shirts. No cutting off of the sleves.

Lots of guys on steroids.

That was a long time ago.

Now it's like a night club.

All the girls showing off what they got.
Are you complaining? Or do you approve? Seems like a good thing. I like running at the beach because of the "views."

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Are you complaining? Or do you approve? Seems like a good thing. I like running at the beach because of the "views."
I didn't like it.

It was like going to a night club.

But it was also a commercial gym too. So it's to be expected

I like empty gyms with no music playing.

I'm quitting my crunch fitness when my year is up.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
i have a similar setup and like the gym bc of the views and also to avoid interuptions by the wife etc.
My wife has no qualms about walking over to what is clearly the last rep of a challenging set and starting a conversation with me. Then I get, "Why are you rolling your eyes at me?"

It's either that or I have to murder you?

;)

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
My wife has no qualms about walking over to what is clearly the last rep of a challenging set and starting a conversation with me. Then I get, "Why are you rolling your eyes at me?"

It's either that or I have to murder you?

;)
I’ve repeatedly told my wife not to talk at me when I have my hands on a barbell
doesn’t really stop her
slows her down a little
and she usually remembers after she says something and i don’t respond and says “oops, forgot I’m not allowed to talk”

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
he sounds like th
I’ve repeatedly told my wife not to talk at me when I have my hands on a barbell
doesn’t really stop her
slows her down a little
and she usually remembers after she says something and i don’t respond and says “oops, forgot I’m not allowed to talk”
i get yelled at mid rep for making loud noises from dropping the bar during deadlifts. at the gym i just have to deal with the wannabe alpha guys trying to brush me with their shoulder when i finish a set

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
he sounds like th
th?

i get yelled at mid rep for making loud noises from dropping the bar during deadlifts. at the gym i just have to deal with the wannabe alpha guys trying to brush me with their shoulder when i finish a set
eeew. And they're all sweaty?

One of the things I really like about surfing is you never get sweaty. You actually feel fresher and cleaner (albeit salty).

I knew a guy who went for months without a real shower, just surfing and the beach shower afterwards. He also never washed his car except windshield and the hood. Explained it was the only part he saw when driving.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
doesn’t really stop her
slows her down a little
:roflmao:
Yeah I’ve yelled to my wife while squatting “DO NOT TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!”

doesn’t go over well :toilet:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
so is strength training mainstream now? everyone was squatting and deadlifting in a packed commercial gym today. only one guy doin 1/4 squats with 315 lolz. was acting like hez da chit too. fkn morans

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
:roflmao:
Yeah I’ve yelled to my wife while squatting “DO NOT TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!”

doesn’t go over well :toilet:
You know who I bet doesn’t care if his wife talks to him while lifting? Joe Rogan. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t have someone on the payroll like a John Wayne Parr in a Clouseau/Kato capacity to attack him when he’s at his most vulnerable. Overhead lifting, reading bedtime stories to his daughters, getting a massage from Jocko, etc.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Wheelbarrows of concrete down a hilly, bumpy path with turns, man that sucked!
Coach Ethan Reeves is proud of you. Manual labor is no joke. It gets interesting when the muscle groups you’re initially using get fried and you have to find alternatives so you can keep working. Grip/forearms don’t get a break.

Reactions: mundus

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
So for my last four surf sessions my low back has been cramping from the get go. It concerns me because it feels just like how my major incident 3 years ago started, the one that had me sidelined for 6+ months. I keep telling myself they are just benign nerve signals and nothing is really happening...

But at the same time I've made this observation- when I do my barbell work, overhead presses ping the exact same area, minor little pain spasms in the right side of my lumbar. Doesn't happen when I do the other lifts, even, for example, when I'm deadlifting a lot more weight. It seems the compression on my spine should be greater deadlifting rather than over head pressing. There is a big difference at the shoulder but on the spine?

Another new development, when I'm sitting and arch my back (extension) it makes a little clicking sound...

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
So for my last four surf sessions my low back has been cramping from the get go. It concerns me because it feels just like how my major incident 3 years ago started, the one that had me sidelined for 6+ months. I keep telling myself they are just benign nerve signals and nothing is really happening...

But at the same time I've made this observation- when I do my barbell work, overhead presses ping the exact same area, minor little pain spasms in the right side of my lumbar. Doesn't happen when I do the other lifts, even, for example, when I'm deadlifting a lot more weight. It seems the compression on my spine should be greater deadlifting rather than over head pressing. There is a big difference at the shoulder but on the spine?

Another new development, when I'm sitting and arch my back (extension) it makes a little clicking sound...
OHP is my nemesis

and for your back, read the book