Peristent cough

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have been surrounded by sickness for a month. At work, on my Christmas trip, everywhere. So far I have avoided it. I am eating 4-5 cloves of raw garlic a day and sleeping 8 hours regularly.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I don't know about you all, but I went down pretty hard for the last few weeks.
We've got an almost 2 year old and a 5 year old, so we're basically walking incubators.

The cough came first.everyone had stuffy, runny noses with intermittent sore throats and coughs. Mine manifested with an incredibly stuffed sinus situation that impacted my hearing for nearly 2 weeks. I had it looked at informally during my kids checkup, then formally a week later. I used everything I could get my hands on to alleviate the pressure, but not much worked. It got to the point that I couldn't sleep one night because of tooth pain in my molars.

I'm finally on antibiotics and I have most of my hearing back.
Ugh

I finished my round of antibiotics. My ear is functional again and I can breathe through my nose, but I still have the crackly sound in my ears when I chew or swallow.

At work yesterday, my sinuses started flushing in a way I have never experienced. Suddenly I could feel fluid migrating down my nose and the back of my throat. I blew my nose and saw the brightest, flouro yellow snot I've ever witnessed. It wasn't thick and gloopy, but super thin. I had to blow my nose constantly for 30-60 minutes and it just kept producing super thin, super bright mucus. It slowed for the rest of the evening. The viscosity has continued, albeit with less volume, but the the color hasn't returned.

I hope this means I'm purging everything that was still blocked up, rather than signaling the first round of a new infection.

My 5 year old woke up on Monday super congested and has a cough and low fever today.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
That‘s what the wife tested positive for. She came down with it first. Presumably it’s what I have. She’s going into week 4 I think? Time is blurring. She is still coughing. I’m not coughing anymore. For now. I still have no energy. The idea of surfing has little to no appeal. I don’t feel that bad anymore. Just blah. Easy with the pneumonia. I lost a friend to that stuff a year or so ago.

Did you try ivermectin?

Veterinary injectable 1% ivermectin solution, roughly 3.5ml for an average man's body weight, taken orally with water, 1-to-2 times daily for two or three days. Find it on Amazon or at any feed store. For a safer, longer cure take smaller doses.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
The persistent cough continues
since September
PA prescribed an inhaler and cat scan
the inhaler isn’t helping
he said it might be asthma or early stage copd, maybe related to having been a smoker 20 years ago
kind of bummed me out