Peristent cough

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Is this some new strain of the flu virus? The kids here are out of school until January 4th and there’s always some kind of flu thing that gets passed around this time of year.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
This just goes on and on. It's Groundhogs day. We aren't getting worse but we aren't getting better either. The flu always sucks, but I don't know that I have ever coughed this much during the course of things. If I had known this was going to be this bad I would have tried harder not to get it?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I got up this morning and I felt terrible.

I've just been trying to get on with it

And I still feel like crap.

I had to tell myself, you're still sick.

Still coughing but not as much.

I consumed so much cough medicine.

I got sick off it

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Been dealing with the cough for 3 or 4 weeks. nothing seems to help other than a tylenol #3 at bed time so I can sort of sleep through the night…. Bitch to feel this way

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I can't do this for a month. I'll spit my lungs out. I try and get up and do anything and I wind up getting worse. I was in fairly good shape right before this started. Not anymore.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can't do this for a month. I'll spit my lungs out. I try and get up and do anything and I wind up getting worse. I was in fairly good shape right before this started. Not anymore.
Are you doing cough drops?

Put tons of tiger balm on your throat.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Are you doing cough drops?

Put tons of tiger balm on your throat.
No cough drops. I'm doing the codeine cough syrup. I'm seriously questioning how much codeine is actually in the stuff. I have some TB. The wife is using vicks. I kind of figure the only remedy worth a sh!t is time.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Idk what bug I ended up with but it reduced my energy levels to those of a heroin addict and has set me wayyy back in terms of conditioning.
Same. I was actually working towards a goal. Was right there. At my age getting there is harder every single time. I guess it's not the destination, it's the journey. :barf:

Reactions: Chocki

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No cough drops. I'm doing the codeine cough syrup. I'm seriously questioning how much codeine is actually in the stuff. I have some TB. The wife is using vicks. I kind of figure the only remedy worth a sh!t is time.
Curious why no cough drops. Sometimes I want to hack some gunk, other times I want everything to just simmer it down a touch. Also some of them like the yellow/orange Halls help open up the sinuses some.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The Ricola helped.

It's distracter.

I would do the codeine and the drops

One guy on IG said do a blow dryer on your chest to heat up your lungs.

YEah, way under dose you on opiates now because 10% of the population will have addiction issues

So dumb.

Your 60 something now. Who cares if you become an addict?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Same. I was actually working towards a goal. Was right there. At my age getting there is harder every single time. I guess it's not the destination, it's the journey. :barf:
Seems to have trashed my immune system in general too for the time being. But in hindsight if I wasn’t faced with starting over from scratch physically I probably wouldn’t have taken up “boxing” and I’m pretty stocked I did bc even before I got sick I was kinda burnt on my available training methods

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
From the sound of it, the original description of the cough, reminds me of the Humboldt Crud.

Started coughing up blood tinged sputum last night. Going to pickup codeine cough syrup in an hour. Wife is no better. Everything hurts. Can’t sleep. Chills. Sweaty. About what you’d expect
That’s probably just cancer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chocki

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think Codeine is way overrated for cough syrup and in general. I don’t know how much you need to suppress a cough but getting knocked out on it isn’t the answer you’re looking for. Have you tried a shot of Vitamin B?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I think Codeine is way overrated for cough syrup and in general. I don’t know how much you need to suppress a cough but getting knocked out on it isn’t the answer you’re looking for. Have you tried a shot of Vitamin B?
Idk bro. I never tried it but bitd I ran into my fair share of robotrippin devotees

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I was on prescription benzonotate and prednisone for my persistent cough
my cough was only really bad while I was lying down
other than that, it would start with a tickle at the top of my chest / bottom of my neck

@Sharky how is your daughter?