Perfect Designs

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Can't stand the contrived, carefully cultivated look. They keeps posting those dogshit boards on "backyard shapers" Facebook group. He keeps yammering on about "rejecting modernity", yet they can't see the irony of trying so hard at their image.

I lived in London, in an area where hipsters were a thing before hipsters was a word. Every other knobhead looked like that, never in a million years would have thought it would infect Surfing :/

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
I liked it. An art video with the bonus of being a good study of old surfboard design. The board performed like I would expect it to - supports rider weight up front. Very little drive compared to a thruster, awkward to complete cutbacks given an aesthetic touch from rider competency and style. I like the instagram account too
http://instagr.am/p/CKyRbXVnvKL/
This is a more lavish art film of the sports we like to do.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Can't stand the contrived, carefully cultivated look. They keeps posting those dogshit boards on "backyard shapers" Facebook group. He keeps yammering on about "rejecting modernity", yet they can't see the irony of trying so hard at their image.

I lived in London, in an area where hipsters were a thing before hipsters was a word. Every other knobhead looked like that, never in a million years would have thought it would infect Surfing :/

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Perfect Designs

Here are are a few examples in the surfing world

Thruster - Simon Anderson

Keel Fish - Steve Lis

Twinzer - Wil Jobson

5-Fin Modfish - Greg Griffin

:shameonyou:Bonzer _ Campbell bros

not much to improve upon in any of those designs. imo