Pearl Jam has TDS….

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I worked with them briefly years ago. I was an apprentice film editor in my early twenties. We were just finishing up the locked cut of Tim Burton’s “Big Fish” and the studio was looking to have Pearl Jam write and record a song for the end credits. I always thought it was an odd combo but somebody wanted it and I got to fly to Seattle with the work print to screen it for them. At that point in time I was deep into hardcore and thought Pearl Jam was lame and soft. I wanted to hate them. The problem was once I met them and screened the film for them I couldn’t hate them. I was just some kid who was prob in over my head meeting with them and they couldn’t have been nicer more down to earth guys. Mike McCready and Stone Gossard in particular. Gossard skated to the theater. We spent several hours in an empty theater talking about the movie, skateboarding, music, etc. They’re a band I almost never think of playing, but will always appreciate them as people.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I worked with them briefly years ago. I was an apprentice film editor in my early twenties. We were just finishing up the locked cut of Tim Burton’s “Big Fish” and the studio was looking to have Pearl Jam write and record a song for the end credits. I always thought it was an odd combo but somebody wanted it and I got to fly to Seattle with the work print to screen it for them. At that point in time I was deep into hardcore and thought Pearl Jam was lame and soft. I wanted to hate them. The problem was once I met them and screened the film for them I couldn’t hate them. I was just some kid who was prob in over my head meeting with them and they couldn’t have been nicer more down to earth guys. Mike McCready and Stone Gossard in particular. Gossard skated to the theater. We spent several hours in an empty theater talking about the movie, skateboarding, music, etc. They’re a band I almost never think of playing, but will always appreciate them as people.
Yeah, they still suck. :monkey:

But they're nowhere near as bad as Dave Matthews Band.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I’ve heard that a lot, that they’re wonderful people.

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Whenever I’m driving with my GF and Temple of the Dog comes on I **** her off by singing along as obnoxiously loud as possible.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I like Pearl Jam. I don't listen to Ten before every surf like @000 but I do have some greatest hits CD that gets thrown in for a few Oct-Apr swells. I don't think Eddie Vedder is quite Geddy Lee or Fat Mike acquired taste, but I get the Duffy video above.