Pe'ahi January 2021

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah that was actually my point of reference. late November i think? i was in florida when it hit.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
My friend who lives a couple bluffs over said he just heard a set. We're getting ready for bed and solidifying all the plans for tomorrow. This is looking to be the biggest swell since I saw Laird and crew at "biggest ever" Jaws in 2007(?). The wind will probably come on strong by 11:00 at the latest (no wind Sunday). I might try to surf some protected spot in the morning. The main objective is to kite an outer reef mid-day. The idea a friend and I are batting around is launching kites from Hookipa later and tacking up to Peahi to check out the scene.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
My friend who lives a couple bluffs over said he just heard a set. We're getting ready for bed and solidifying all the plans for tomorrow. This is looking to be the biggest swell since I saw Laird and crew at "biggest ever" Jaws in 2007(?). The wind will probably come on strong by 11:00 at the latest (no wind Sunday). I might try to surf some protected spot in the morning. The main objective is to kite an outer reef mid-day. The idea a friend and I are batting around is launching kites from Hookipa later and tacking up to Peahi to check out the scene.

go for it - be safe brother!

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Seen some kites at Peahi, maybe Leland? That out reef barrel with JJ was nuts!

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Guy's were towing on Kauai's north shore down Haena side, outside Hanalei and Kalihiwai. Tide was pretty fat. Lumahai with huge beach breaks. Water coming up the beach and into yards of homes in some places. Old debris and sand pushed up into the Hanalei River mouth making a new sand bar. Tide went low and Hanalei was pushing 15+. Wind came on and it got wonky .... lot's of West in the swell.

Kalihiwai 1.jpg
1/4 mile outside of Kalihiwai

Kalihiwai2.jpg
Phone photos just doesn't show how big it was. And the Pack inside waiting. Swell with too much West in it really didn't get "the Grinder" working but great rides were to be had.

Last edited: